Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Advertising for a Greyhawk game?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Advertising for a Greyhawk game?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:53 am  
    Advertising for a Greyhawk game?

What is the best forum for here to advertise a play-by-post game on the Paizo forums? I'm looking for four players, I've got two interested. I'd like to attract more players. At least two more.

I have advertised on the Greyhawk Discord, I'd like to advertise here.
    Smile
    CF Admin

Sun Jun 09, 2024 2:52 pm  

I'd say you just did! As the most used part of the CF! forums, this seems like as fine a place as any.

Consider describing your intended campaign a bit to entice interested players.
    GreySage

Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:26 pm  

I'm interested. Here are some questions, besides, "What adventure will we begin with and where do you see it heading?"

1) Which edition? D&D? Pathfinder? Another game system?

2) Starting level?

3) Classes allowed?

4) How often will posts be made/required? Must we be online together at the same time, or post separately as we are able?

SirXaris

Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:56 am  

Well, it's set in Nyrond. 591 CY, to be exact (the City of Greyhawk has endured for about six hundred years, wow!). We will be using Rolemaster the Standard System/Fantasy Roleplaying as the system of choice. This post assumes that you are coming to Rolemaster as new, but are familiar with Greyhawk.

SELL TEXT:

The Fate of the Kingdom of Nyrond
    Long ago, Nyrond was a flourishing kingdom when it broke from the Great Kingdom about two hundred years ago. Unfortunately, the realm is in decline now. The kingdom is on the verge of collapse, a result that Ahlissa has been waiting so the evil kingdom of Ahlissa can go in and pick up the pieces. The wicked Prince Sewamdt made a coup attempt, and was thwarted by his brother Lynwerd. He escaped, but he's in hiding with a couple of his supporters. And after King Archibold had abdicated the throne to his son Lynwerd, he retreated to his estate in the country. Unwilling to talk to anyone.

King Lynwerd is trying to revive the Kingdom of Nyrond. Although with some success. What is needed are heroes. Heroes are needed to revive the kingdom of Nyrond to its former glory. Either to find the wicked Prince Sewarndt and prevent the kingdom from collapsing into Civil War, or let the kingdom collapse.

Beginning Adventure
    We will use the Adventure Return to the Keep on the Borderlands to get everyone started. After that, I will attempt to tell the story as storyteller (I'm not quite there yet! So bare with me!). The action will happen on Paizo's boards as a Play-by-Post campaign. It's a test campaign, to see where I can change things and adjust campaign balance against the Rolemaster system as needed.

Rolemaster Books used
    * Rolemaster Fantasy Roleplaying
    * Character Law
    * Spell Law of Channeling, Spell Law of Essence and Spell Law of Mentalism
    * Arms Law 2003 edition
    * The Armory

I have more books, but I'm trying to keep it simple for beginners to Rolemaster. All you need to get started is Rolemaster Fantasy Roleplaying, but your race selection is limited to Men, Dwarves, Halflings, and Wood Elves. Your class Selection is limited also.

Races allowed
    The following races from RMSS/RMFRP are allowed:
    * Man (basically humans, both Common Men and High Men.)
    * Elf (Either Wood, Grey, or High elves) See Character Law for a description of both Grey and High Elves.
    * Dwarf
    * Halfling
    * Half-Elf
    * Orc (Greater Orcs only, these humanoids would come from the Flinty Hills, see Character Law for a description of this race.)
    * Half-Orc

Professions Allowed
    the Realm of Arms
    * Fighter
    * Thief
    * Rogue
    * Layman (see Character Law. This profession is mostly used for NPCs)
    * Warrior Monk (see Character Law). This profession is, sort of, like the monk from Original D&D and D&D 3e.

The Realm of Channeling
    * Cleric
    * Animist (see Character Law for a description)

The Realm of Essence
    * Magician (this profession is like the magic-user from Original D&D and the Wizard from D&D 3e).
    * Illusionist (See Character Law)

the Realm of Mentalism
    * Mentalist (this profession is like the Psionicist from 2e's The Complete Psionics Handbook, but not exactly).
    * Lay Healer (see Character Law, but there is no D&D equivalent).

Semi-Spell Users
    * Paladin (see Character Law, Channeling)
    * Ranger (Channeling)
    * Dabbler (Essence) This profession is a Mage/Thief combination from 2e.
    * Monk (Essence, see Character Law) This profession is like the Monk from Original D&D and D&D 3e. Well, sort of.
    * Bard (Mentalism)
    * Magent (Mentalism, see Character Law). This profession is mostly used by Assassins.

Hybrid-Spell Users. Most of these professions represent the combinations of two realms of power.
    * Healer (Channeling and Mentalism. See Character Law for a description)
    * Mystic (Essence and Mentalism, see Character Law)
    * Sorcerer (Essence and Channeling, see Character Law)

Other Considerations
    If you get Character Law you can select talents and flaws using point buy, just like Advantages and Disadvantages in GURPS. The talents and flaws are from the out of print book Talent Law for RMSS, but are used in Character Law. Although I'm of the disposition that you should play the character you want to play, I reserve the right to veto your talent selections.

All of the books listed are available from DrivethruRPG. There is a new version of Rolemaster out called Rolemaster United that makes things easier for beginners. However, it's disrespectful to the cleric profession.

Greyhawk, what I'm using
    I'm using both the Gold Box and Greyhawk: the Adventure Begins. You may find the Greyhawk: Player's Guide useful. However, I suspect you are old hands with Greyhawk, and don't need the GH: Player's Guide to create a character.

This campaign is a test campaign for me, to see where I can adjust the setting to match the Rolemaster rules. There is a reason why I'm running the game, it's a secret I'm keeping though. Note, Rolemaster can be deadly, during an adventure, your character could be slain at any time, or you could slay your foes. Often no matter what level they are.

The idea is to have fun! Again, I need to attract two players to join my game. The Paizo listing comes from a place where the players are new to Rolemaster and Greyhawk.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:04 am  

SirXaris wrote:
    I'm interested. Here are some questions, besides, "What adventure will we begin with and where do you see it heading?"

1) Which edition? D&D? Pathfinder? Another game system?

2) Starting level?

3) Classes allowed?

4) How often will posts be made/required? Must we be online together at the same time, or post separately as we are able?

SirXaris

A2. Starting level is 1.

A4. I'd like everyone to post at least once a day. You don't have to be online together at the same time, so you can post separately as you are able.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: