Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Gray Orcs were in which OJ, oh and HI!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> The Oerth Journal
    Gray Orcs were in which OJ, oh and HI!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:58 pm  
    Gray Orcs were in which OJ, oh and HI!

Hello all, I have just returned to the greyhawk community and was looking for an article I had published in OJ #11 i think it was and now I can't find it anywhere. Has my Gray Orc article been edited out of the OJ?? Shocked

Anyway, I have been away from greyhawk and D&D for several years now. Been busy playing computer games. Yet, I still sit and think about my many adventures in Greyhawk and the other GM created worlds of my old (and now defunct) gaming group. With the upcoming release of DDO (D&D Online) I have thought of renewing my greytalk membership and looking into CF.

Everett Brunson Cool
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:11 pm  

Everett - I remember editing your article & checked my copy of OJ 11 for it - wasn't there. After poking around a little, I found it in my OJ 12 folder, apparently completely done and ready to go. I no longer know why it didn't make it into OJ 11 -- maybe I finished editing it too late, or something -- but Jason Zavoda took over as of OJ 12, and I know I only forwarded him articles that I got permission to forward.

So, sorry about that. Not sure what happened. On the bright side, you have an article all set to submit for OJ 17!

Cheers
    Nell.

Nathan E. Irving, OJ editor issues 8-11.
    Mad Archmage of the Oerth Journal

Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:12 am  

Nell if you could send that article to me I'd love to take a look at it. Also Everett if you could please send me an email at oerthjournal (at) gmail (dot) com. I would be glad to talk to you about the article as well.
    http://www.oerthjournal.com http://www.greyhawkonline.com/duicarthan
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:40 am  

Hmmm, Its been years since I have really looked over that matterial. I know I still have it, lucky it survived a couple of hard drive crashes.

Let me think, If I remeber the article correctly it was about a splinter group of Orcs who broke from main Orcish society following their own gods and became a power player in Greyhawk (the Domain) founding a city in the woods named Vren Tog and Montesser (in former Old Kingdom). The Orcs whos skin became charcoal grey where given the name Nalshaval (gray people) by their newly formed panthion of gods.

Ah, I remember it much more clearly now. I based my last campaign out of Vren Tog.

I know the info is dated and put down for an older rule set (not 3.5e or even 3.0e maybe). I will double check it and maybe get a 3.5e rules and update the info. Or, I could let you guys who have tons of more experience with these rule sets update it.

Let me know how you guys want to handle it.
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:45 pm  

I emailed the article to Duicarthan - it's currently in 2e rules. I haven't looked at it in regards to updating the rules.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:11 am  

Nellisir wrote:
    I emailed the article to Duicarthan - it's currently in 2e rules. I haven't looked at it in regards to updating the rules.

Thanks.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:20 am  

If it will go in the OJ, this is a good opportunity to publish in 2e with conversion notes. I can use 2e.
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:39 pm  

Given a choice between presenting only 3.5 rules, or 2e and 3.5 rules, I think the choice is obvious - one is good, two are better.
    Mad Archmage of the Oerth Journal

Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:04 pm  
    2>1

indeed 2 is much better =)
    http://www.oerthjournal.com http://www.greyhawkonline.com/duicarthan
       Canonfire Forum Index -> The Oerth Journal All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: