Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - What to roll...
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- AD&D 2nd Edition
    What to roll...
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:45 pm  
    What to roll...

Ok, this is really a question about Hackmaster and not 2e but hell, the basics are the same anyways...

I'm currently running a 3.5e campaign but it's winding down and we plan to play a Hackmaster campaign once it's through.

Hackmaster is new to me, but I'm well aquainted with 1st & 2nd edition so I'm planning on little to no difficulty. Just to be sure however in between our groups regular sessions right now I plan to run a mini, solo campaign for my wife to familiarize myself with Hackmaster before we break into full group action.

She's been generous enough to let me run with an idea I've had for awhile now and she is going to have no part in the character creation process and wont even see her character sheet through at least the 1st session.

Here's the deal...

It will begin with her awakening shackled in a dungeon with a splitting headache and dried blood coating her head. She has no idea who or where she is. Whatever happened, she has amnesia.

As she works her eventual escape I plan on giving her chances to recall bits and pieces of her life. My problem is I'm trying to decide what sort of rolls to allow this, I'm open to any suggestions, modified wisdom checks? Int maybe?

On a side note, the life she comes to remember wont be hers anyways. It is really her cover as she is in fact an assassin for the SB. I figure in an attempt for her to seek out a better understanding of herself and her past she'll seek out the ohly family member she can remember. Her "Uncle"....
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:12 pm  

You could always throw in the legend lore ability of Bards... you know, a smell, color or what have you from everyday surroundings triggers a memory...
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:13 am  

Could be an intelligence check with modifiers depending on how traumatic or dramatic the memory stimulus is. The more intense the experience, the more likely a memory is recalled.

Cool idea for a character beginning though.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:16 am  

You can also use a remembered thing as a plot tool. You might wish to decide that some things will only be remembered when it suits the current campaign plot. You might also wish to decide that some things will be lost forever, unless the character quests for the legendary "Pool of All Heal" or some such thing to restore their memories.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:02 pm  
    It Wouldn't Be Wisdom

Wisdom refers to how wise a choice is while Intelligence refers to how much information is known.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- AD&D 2nd Edition All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: