JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Maure Castle in Dungeon - by Kuntz & Gygax
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Maure Castle in Dungeon - by Kuntz & Gygax
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:02 pm  
    Maure Castle in Dungeon - by Kuntz & Gygax

I'm sure everyone's seen this, but just in case...there's an add in Dungeon 109 for a Maure Castle writeup by Robert Kuntz & EGG. Says it'll be out in issue 112.

Yesssssssss!!! Happy

I didn't design the world,
    I merely facilitated its creation
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:28 am  

I know! I can't wait for that to come out. I normally do not buy Dungeon! but I will just for that article. I also got the write up of Harby and thought it was excellent as well as informative. Since I know nothing of the original Maure Castle adventure having never purchased Mordenkainen's Adventure (?) this will all be completely new to me.
    CF Admin

Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:45 am  

As with Rhineglade, I'm only buying issues that contain respectable Greyhawk material. If Dungeon begins publishing at least 10 pages of 'hawk each issues I'll deffinately be laying down the $ for a subscription, but at this time I think too many of them would find their way into the trash.

Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:06 pm  
    New to me too.

Castle Maure will be new to me, too. I am also excited about it. Especially after reading Erik Mona's at the WotC's Greyhwak Board.

Regarding subscriptions to Dungeon magazine, I have one. I usually like something in each addition, if not all of it. And, I cannot miss the next adventure Downer is in! Seriously, I do find or imagine use of most Dungeon content in a Greyhawk sense.

Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:16 pm  

And with some luck [knock on wood] there is going to be alot more Greyhawk content in the future, both campaign specific pieces and stuff that can easily be placed there with a wink and a nod.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:14 pm  

Oh don't tease us PSmedger. You know that is how rumors get started. But if it were only true...
    Novice

Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:07 pm  

I don't know why people keep saying "If only Dungeon had more articles for (insert favorite game world here)". Most of the adventurs aren't that hard to modify to your particular world. I play in a Greyhawk game, and run a Forgotten Realms game. The DM for our Greyhawk game and I ended up using the same adventure from the same issue of Dungeon, and it fit both worlds, with a little work on our parts.

I like that Dungeon isn't devoted to any single world. Even the occasional adventure that is set to a specific campaign setting can be modified with a little effort.
    CF Admin

Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:07 pm  

It's not that I want more, Nareth. I simply want 1 article pertaining to Greyhawk. That alone would warrant a subscription for me.

Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:34 pm  

I could be very wrong Abysslin, but I thought that Living Greyhawk Journal was now a regular part of Dungeon magazine. Although, after flipping through a few back issues, I notice that the Journal appears in about half of them. The articles I did see, I remember as being well done, but the mini-games in the Polyhedron sections sometimes take too much space. I could live with seeing the Journal in the mag every month :)
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:16 pm  

_.

Last edited by basiliv on Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:18 pm  

Yeah, that's why I got my subscription, and I was very pleased with the Bright Desert writeup in issue 98. But when issues 99-102 arrived without any LGJ, I felt pretty disappointed. Issue 103 had some more meaty Bright Desert bits, and 104 had Gary's great Paladins of Greyhawk article. Things were looking up.

But then 105 lacked one, 106 had a only a handful of monster stats, 107 & 108 had no LGJ...I have to admit that a couple of months ago I very nearly cancelled my subscription. Sorry, but 4 1/2 out of 12 is not what I had in mind when I subscribed, especially after the few and far between LGJs over its last several months in Dragon.

But the Hardby article is great, and if more articles like that appear every couple of issues I'll be pleased as punch.

Please keep these great articles coming!!!

Black Hand of Oblivion

Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:37 am  

I hear and agree with what you are saying basiliv, regarding the Greyhawk content in Dungeon. Working in a retail location(and being repsonsible for ordering/building our gaming area product content), I have the chance to preview most anything before I order a copy for myself. The coverage has been haphazard, but I am hoping that this will change. Erik gives the impression that this is the case, so my hopes are up a bit. This is a good thing for all of us. I most likley will even get a subscription of my own. A monthly section of 20 pages or so and at least ONE greyhawk specific adventure or even two per year does not seem much to ask, considering other campaign worlds have such stellar coverage in Dragon and in the basic product line by comparison. On top of that, we pay of premium amount of money for a not very premium amount of Greyhawk content in Dungeon(though the magizine obviously has its other merits Wink ).

Other than this, I'd like to see a treatment of Greyhawk similar to Dragonlance, with the setting being liscenced out to a respectable writer(s)---cough, EGG, cough--- for various products. Barring this unlikely occurence, I'd certainly like to at least see more coverage by Dungeon of our beloved red-headed step-child of WOTC, that is Greyhawk.

(By the way, a round of hellos to all I spoke to at GAMA these past few days. Troll Lord Games featured some early viewable copies of Castle Zagyg and other goodies. Thanks for the glimpses!!! I am drooling once again just recalling the experience.)

With little to no support, and not with any real pushing on my part, Greyhawk is actually catching on in my location!?! It doesn't hurt that I can tell these newcomers quite a bit about the campaign world, but it still seems a bit strange.

On an off note, anybody else seeing an upsurge in Greyhawk interest in their local gaming communities???
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:46 pm  

I'm going to agree with Abysslyn on this one, if Dungeon could just put out one article a month devoted to GH, it would be worth the price for me. The article doesn't even have to necessarily be a huge one like the Hardby article, I'm content with 2-4 pages every month if need be!

.......................Omote
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: