Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Teeth of Dahlver-nar?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Teeth of Dahlver-nar?
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:26 pm  
    Teeth of Dahlver-nar?

I found something of potential interest.

E.N. Treasure Troves: Teeth of the Ur-Lich

It can be found here...

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=6510&SRC=EnWorld

I know that posting this may seem like bad form, but it seems to me to be appropriate. The "Teeth" are obviously a look at the old DM Guide artifact without the legalities getting in the way. In the old days the content in the DM Guide was a Greyhawk resource. The reference to "Ur-" seemed somewhat Flannish. Also, the recent (and wonderful) article posted by Rasgon could possibly compliment this quite nicely.

I wonder if the author, M Jason Parent, is a Greyhawk fan.

I plan to purchase it and post a review.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:57 pm  

I like this product (yes, I rushed and purchsed it). It costs $2.50. I got 1 cover page (a waste of ink and no significant imagery), 1 page of general history, 5 pages detailing each tooth's appearance, possible local (very generic) and ability (also detailed were the various groupings and their joined powers), and 1 standard game license. I got 6 pages of real solid content.

The history was very flexible. I could incorporate it into Greyhawk quite easily.

I could ingore the history page completely and simple use the 5 "teeth" pages as a detailed description of Dahlver-nar's Teeth.

There is very little artwork. Format was good. Grammar and spelling are not looked at in this review (cause I didn't care,... as should be obvious by my mastery of the language mechanics).

I feel I got real value for my money. Kirt's request of Rasgon for detailed teeth can be found here. Of course, your opinion may differ.

It feels good to beat GVD to a review of a potentially Greyhawk inspired product. Happy
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:55 am  

Rasgon has a nice write-up concerning Dahlver-Nar over at Umbrasa Gravelands...

Edit: Which is apparently the same as the Dahlver-Nar write-up here at CF...Hmmm, how did I miss that on the front page...The teeth are sprouting up all over the web Wink ...

Kwint
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: