JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - For an historical campaign set in Greyhawk
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    For an historical campaign set in Greyhawk
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:20 am  
    For an historical campaign set in Greyhawk

Hi, I'm a new member of the community, my name's Eldiel and I master a handfull of poor PCs in the southern Italy...

Let me point out the matter:
    I'd like to build a campaign that would carry a group of PCs across the best GH adventures ever written, I'd like them to taste the history of the last 20-30 years of the Flanaess... I need a guideline of adventures that could do that... maybe starting from the Temple of Elemental Evil...

suggestions?

thanks
    CIAO Laughing

Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:28 am  

Well, the "classics" are Temple of Elemental Evil. The Slavers series, and the Giants-Drow series. Personally, I'm not that fond of the Slavers or giants as actual adventures, though they are great background stories.

I very much liked N1 Against the Cult of the Reptile God (set in Gran March) and the Saltmarsh series (U1-3). Both are low level adventures with a good mix of intrigue, exploration, and fighting. Easily adapted to different playstyles and tolerances, as well.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:13 am  

thanks, I've got all the material you're talking about. But I'm trying to link the adventures in a unique campaign... it's a hard road, 'cos I'm trying to build a solid historical background too... well I'm going to work...

Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:53 am  

There have been lots of posts to forums about favorite modules. You could do a search to get different perspectives.

Welcome to CF!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:24 am  

thanks...
    I'm going to index this modules, and when I will link them together I'll do to you my report....

PS
    thanks for your welcoming! I'm a refugee from the best italian GH sit: www.greyhawk.it, but it was hackered, so... here I am!

Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:12 pm  

Welcome, Eldiel :D

If you play the "classic" series of T1-4, A1-4, GDQ1-7, TSR created plot linking those adventure serieses in the supermodules.

I'm not too fond of the interlinking myself, but it's not a terrible plotline by any means.

If you're looking for other plotlines, to link together different modules, if you were to post a list of the modules that you want to use, I'm sure folks here could help you to build suitable connections between the adventures.

Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:18 pm  

IMHO, if you play out ToEE fully you end up too powerful (in terms of levels, equipment, and contacts) for the A series, if I am remembering it correctly. I think that going with the U series works at least as well or better. It would require some reason to get folks to highport, but Keoland is (vaguely) allied with the Uleks in that war (though they are not doing much.)

It should be possible to link the smugglers to the highport slave trade with judicious additions to the documents on the ship. That should get things moving in the right direction.

Of course, ToEE is official classic adventure of Greyhawk, so you may want to go with that anyway. But you are not going to be able to use all the modules for a single party unless you heavily adjust them. Mind you, adjusting them for the party you have probably is no more work than converting them to whatever rules edition you actually use.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:04 am  

Well, my first interests are story and history, I will adjust the levels of the different adventures later... I konw it will take a lot of time but i hope it will worth... Cool

Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:23 am  

It'll be a lot of work, but should be worth it. They are good stories with a lot of interesting tidbits. The final adventure of the A series is more than a bit of a railroad, but has some redeeming features. And the Q module (and the background story of the GDQ supermodule) don't make sense with the story giving in G3/D1, but they are still a lot of fun.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: