Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - What happened after 591 AC?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    What happened after 591 AC?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:35 pm  
    What happened after 591 AC?

I would like to find an official report of the event that happened after 591 AC. Does it exist? Where I can find it? I think this is material from the Living Greyhawk Campaign... if something like that exists... help me!
    Embarassed

PS
    Wow! I became an apprentice greytalker!

Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:14 am  

The living greyhawk campaign is not official in the way the published adventures are. At least, not beyond the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer and a few things published in various magazines and the like. There is a lot of material out there for it, in a wide range of qualities. But there is no central respository for records or even an easy way to find the assorted places they are stashed (when they are kept online at all).

Sorry. :(
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:08 am  

Sad

Do you ever heard of another release about GH campaign setting?

Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:17 am  

WotC goes out of their way to make sure no one expects such a thing to ever be printed again. Its always possible that a policy change might occur, but its been their stated intention for a while to only support the Forgotten Realms and Eberron campaigns with published sourcebooks.

Most of the new background material for GH these days is coming in Dungeon magazine (and to a lesser extent, in Dragon). You can find some materials on the publishers' website. www.paizo.com I think.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:29 pm  

I'm a Triad member for the Living Greyhawk campaign (think: regional DM). While the things that happen in LG are not necessarily considered canon, we do document the happenings in various ways. Some regions have written up gazetteers, like my own region (the Bandit Kingdoms) is doing right now. Ours was tentatively scheduled for release this month, but RL issues have kept it from being published. I cannot speak for other regions, although I know nyrond.org has some interesting info on their region.

Other than Living Greyhawk, Dungeon and Dragon are good resources for Greyhawk material, although the days of creating new "canon" have come and gone. It is difficult to consider both Living Greyhawk and Dungeon and Dragon as "official" as they disagree with each other on occassion. Dungeon and Dragon use the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer and previous Dungeon and Dragon adventures/articles as their background. The Living Greyhawk campaign uses the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer too, but presently is built mostly on the shoulders of previous Living Greyhawk adventures. For instance, in Nyrond, Prince Sewarndt returned for a few years and ruled an evil imperium although he has since been replaced with the return of his brother Lynwerd. In the Bandit Kingdoms, Rookroost was taken over by the Iuzite priest Tadurinal, who has allied with Xavendra of the Fellands and the two are currently at war with Dimre and Stoink. So basically, a lot has happened. We are hoping to condense the events of our region into a gazetteer that will be publicly available on our webiste soon for the use of both LG players and Greyhawk fans alike. For the latter, use what you like, discard what you don't!
    Master Greytalker

Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:33 am  

Do you think it is a good idea for the Triads to post details on major historical events to a central website (possibly a simple Yahoo Group for starters) to give non RPGA people and people from other regions the chance to keep track of LG world events?

I realise that it is possible (theoretically) to keep track of events on the various regional websites but they're in different formats, occasionally different languages, and checking each site regularly is a full time job!

For example, I had no idea what was going on the Bandit Kingdoms until you mentioned it - and it sounds really cool.

Does anybody else think a central record is a good idea?
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:49 am  

Hi Guys!

I agree with a central site idea. Would certainly make staying current a helluva lot easier.

Happy
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:27 pm  

Living Greyhawk is moving towards that central location idea. At least now all of our regional adventures are downloadable in one location (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=lg/region/adventures). Once the BK Gazetteer is complete (so close), I will speak with our Circle member about having it available via this site, along with our regional adventures.
    Master Greytalker

Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:33 am  

EXCELLENT! A BK gazeteer sounds great.

If we're lucky some kind souls will eventually catalogue an overview of the LG 5-year retired arcs for us non-participants on the central site.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: