Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Some tips for me :)
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Some tips for me :)
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:43 pm  
    Some tips for me :)

I everyone! Smile

I look for some help for:

1) Infos about the elf Cerenellyl

2) Infos about Baranford city in Furyondy

3) How do you suggest me to build Havenhill?
    Master Greytalker

Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:26 am  

Well, the only one of the above that is even remotely pertinent to my campaign is Havenhill. I can tell you that, for my purposes (canon or not), Havenhill is the center of Ulaa's faith. It contains the largest temple to her in the Flanaess, and the town is run by her high priest (sort of like Vatican City).

Havenhill was once the capital of the Principality, and thus has a correspondingly high proportion of dwur, noniz, and hobniz residents. Its primary resources are the local silver mine and stone quarry, as well as hardy produce (potatoes, mostly) from the outlying farms. (I considered sheep herding in the hills as a possibility, but I suspect that the climate is too warm for that. Someone feel free to correct me. Wink ) Most of the older construction in the town is of dwur craftsmanship, but (again, IMC) the region was hit by a powerful earthquake in 569 CY, and much rebuilding was needed thereafter.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:03 pm  

My sketchy notes on Cerenellyl:

9th level elf fighter and Knight of the High Forest. Despite being in the elf prime, he was afflicted by an advanced cataract milkiness to his eyes. Despite this, he wears a ring of true sight. This affliction is his curse for resisting the call of Sehanine to leave the mortal world. He is an ally of Philidor and Elraniel Tesmarien of Nyrond (of Greyhawk after the Wars.) His wisdom is sought by such luminaries as Jemien, the Knights of the Hart and even Belvor IV. Cerenellyl works to guage the strengths of Furyondy and inform the knights of Highfolk and the High Forest. He also works well with Sharnalem. He operates from a twin towered castle on the border between Furyondy and Highfolk. Stationed there are 80 troops from both lands.

His appearance was in The Marklands and his stats are p.38-39
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:44 am  

thank you thank you very really so much guys! Happy

Marklands must arrive me too...

A little bit info on Baranfard, please Sad
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:42 pm  

:: Sigh :: No one wants to talk about Melf these days Laughing

Baranford (Marklands p.29)
    "Baranford stands along the Royal Highway, covering a highly strategic ford on the Velverdyva River. The Velverdyva ford is closed only in the spring, when seasonal flooding raises the river too high.
    "The town of 2000 folk is a trading centre where Highfolk often meet Furyondian military men. The garrison of the town includes 200 militia troops, 50 of whom are 'advisors; in the service of Belvor.
    "Baransford is a vital distribution centre for the gold from the Carnalion mines. Merchants gather here a the source of the wealth. These even include a few Perrenland merchants, found here from time to time.
    "Baransford is a major meeting place for adventurers heading for the valley of the Velverdyva or seeking fame, fortune or an early grave in the Yatils or the Clatspurs. Around 10 percent of Baransford's population is Elvish, including both high and sylvan elves. Small temples to Corellon Larethian and Solonor Thelandira can be found here.
    "Baransford's King's Riders, an elite heavy cavalry unit, patrol the Royal Highway for much of its length to Chendl. Every eight miles or so along the road is a small waych station with stabling facilities, a blacksmith for running repairs, and a wayside tavern."
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:10 am  

Thank you Manic! Smile
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:48 pm  

Another help:

Some Vesve's grugach tribal name? Smile
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: