JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - White Plume Mountain 3.5 Update
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    White Plume Mountain 3.5 Update
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:24 pm  
    White Plume Mountain 3.5 Update

WOTC has placed two pdf files for download which update the original module to 3.5 stats. They use "Weapons of Legacy" in regards to Blackrazor. I know that this may look like old news, but one the two pdfs is NEW.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060901a

More Greyhawk, more fun...

Cheers,
    Skech
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:32 pm  

The actual 3.5 update is a few months old. Not only is Blackrazor made a weapon of legacy, but so are Wave & Whelm.

The new file (posted today) gives 3.5 stats for Dragotha, Thingizzard, and Frostrazor (I'm guessing a new weapon of legacy).
    Master Greytalker

Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:32 am  

Darn - so this version of Dragotha is a black dragon? Was the recent dungeon version still a red dragon? I recall that the version described in Dungeon waaay back was an fiendish red dragon - a former consort of Tiamat.

Granted, a black dragon version makes a lot more sense based on the original teaser in the module but what is a DM to do with so many conflicting versions? Shocked
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:27 am  

Welcome to the world of WotC. They're good at deciding to change stuff years after the fact.

For instance, Book of Vile Darkness stats for Demon Lords & Princes are different from Fiendish Codex stats (so I'm told - I don't have Fiendish Codex but have flipped through it).
    Zuggtmoy as physically described in ToEE is completely different than described in Fiendish Codex. That I can verify as I was specifically checking on her.

I haven't seen the recent dungeon version, though. I havenb't gotten any Dungeon mags since around issue #95.

I remember the original way back in Dragon #138 (IIRC). I thought it was pretty sweet.

Also, there is a 2nd edition adventure written for the RPGA called "Dragotha's Lair" written by Bruce Cordell somewhere around 2000. Although he is given stats, not a lot of background is given on Dragotha himself.
    GreySage

Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:34 am  

geoffields wrote:
    Zuggtmoy as physically described in ToEE is completely different than described in Fiendish Codex. That I can verify as I was specifically checking on her.

This isn't really a contradiction, as it was explained in Dragon Magazine's Demonomicon article on Zuggtmoy that her "classic" appearance is one of her forms, just not the form she wears when she's in the Abyss.

"Her most common aspect is a physical manifestation of her brute force and strength. This aspect has the appearance of a large gray puffball, balanced upon three elephantine legs. Three ropey pseudopods radiate out from the aspect's body, and a bloated, beady-eyed head balanced upon a thick stalk leers atop its frame."

While it was her true self that was imprisoned in the temple, she was apparantly imprisoned in her puffball shape.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:16 pm  

Ah, that explains that. I think I have 302 & 304, but I haven't gotten Dragon for about 4 years now.
    GreySage

Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:32 pm  

PaulN6 wrote:
    Was the recent dungeon version still a red dragon?

Yes, it was.

It does make more sense to make it a black dragon, considering it apparently lives in a swamp. Not that it makes sense for there to be a "great swamp" on the edge of Rift Canyon. And where is this "town" that the unnamed river leads to? Am I alone in thinking that White Plume Mountain should have been placed at the southern edge of the Cold Marshes instead? Or perhaps the Troll Fens.

But yes, Dragotha was a red dragon in the Age of Worms adventure path.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:35 pm  

rasgon wrote:
    But yes, Dragotha was a red dragon in the Age of Worms adventure path.

Has this been released as a single hardback like Shacked City has? If so, I think I'm on it! I haven't bought a new product since Complete Divine.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:43 pm  

Quote:

Consorting with fiends? The wrath of Cuthbert be upon you!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:31 pm  

manicmidwife wrote:
    Quote:

Consorting with fiends? The wrath of Cuthbert be upon you!

Cuthbert Shmuthbert. Wink

I'm more of a WeeJas fan anyway along with the rest of the Suel Pantheon. Happy
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: