JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Greyhawk Ruins the new LG Core Arc
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Greyhawk Ruins the new LG Core Arc
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:53 am  
    Greyhawk Ruins the new LG Core Arc

For all of you Living Greyhawk folk out there as the Blight on the Bright arc wraps up there is a new one on the horizons. It will tie in and supplement the Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk adventure coming out next year.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=lg/lgcn/20061205a

Enjoy,

Bryan Blumklotz
    AKA Saracenus
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:01 am  

Smile Basically, LGG 1.5 then, for me. Not the best one could make out of the setting, but certainly something to look forward to from WotC.

Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:24 am  

Ivid wrote:
    Smile Basically, LGG 1.5 then, for me. Not the best one could make out of the setting, but certainly something to look forward to from WotC.

Ivid,

I am not sure by what you mean by Living Greyhawk Gazetteer 1.5, but the previous mini-campaign, Blight on the Bright, was a focused set of adventures set in the Bright Desert and dealt with the machinations of Rary the Traitor.

We got background on the geography, people, things, history of the area and it allowed people new to the campaign to start 1st level PCs with special access to the Sandstorm supplement.

As the new mini-campaign Greyhawk Ruins is tied in with the Expedition to Greyhawk Ruins, I am not sure if they are going to do the same thing or not. I want to see the mini-campaign background doc before I would start calling it LGG 1.5...

Bryan Blumklotz
    AKA Saracenus
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:11 am  

Smile I just wanted to express that with the new plot around the Free City, this will mean that a lot of LGers will buy the module and possibly use it as a reference for their view on the setting. (No idea about the rule implications.)
    In any case, it will promote the setting a bit more...

Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:46 pm  

Ivid wrote:
    Smile I just wanted to express that with the new plot around the Free City, this will mean that a lot of LGers will buy the module and possibly use it as a reference for their view on the setting. (No idea about the rule implications.)
    In any case, it will promote the setting a bit more...

I just wanted to clear up a misconception.

Nobody "buys" LG adventures. They are available as FREE downloads to RPGA members (membership is also free) who request a gameday to run the event.
    Master Greytalker

Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:09 am  

He's referring to WotC's Expedition to Castle Greyhawk module, not to the LG adventures that are being built around it. Folks certainly must by the Expedition mod if they want it.
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:28 am  

Vormaerin's right, I was referring to the EtCG module - if it's any good, I'll get it for sure, and I think nearly every Greyhawk fanboy will. Smile

Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:44 am  

And the LG arc isn't being "built around" the adventure, it is being built around the LG campaign and the location in general.
    Master Greytalker

Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:33 am  

Okay. That turn of phrase was used solely due to mention earlier in the thread of the arc being tied to the module. I'm not familiar with either directly and am unlikely to buy the module anyway.
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:31 am  

I am so happy about this book, really. I have a youth group I play D&D with since about 1999, but apart from a short Keoland campaign, I never took them to the Flanaess. I think I'll try with module when it comes out. Smile
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: