JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - City Supplements for Campaign
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    City Supplements for Campaign
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:15 am  
    City Supplements for Campaign

First of all, if this is the wrong place to ask this please forgive me - this is only my 3rd post! I was wondering what other DMs use by way of d20 City supplements for city settings, i.e. title of product and publisher. As a DM I am good at the main story and the adventures that spring forth, but as for cities I am not all that creative. I am much better at having a model to work from and then modifying as I see fit. Thanks ahead of time for the help.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:04 am  

**BUMP***

Sorry but I'm giving Argermax a bump here. His post has been up a couple of days with no reply. Anyone have any ideas? I love doing cities, but have never really used anything as a guideline.
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:16 am  
    City of Greyhawk

As far as d20 series goes, I do not have a clue. But have you tried the 1989 City of Greyhawk boxed set? It may be available somewhere as a download or perhaps on ebay or the like. It's Greyhawk's premire city and had a bunch of cool maps and references.

In case you do not want to go back that far, From the Ashes did pretty much a remake of a lot of the boxed set's info. It has also been reproduced in part in the Player's Guide to Greyhawk and in The Adventure Begins.

good luck

O-D
    CF Admin

Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:37 am  

The Adventure Begins is new and cheap enough to get and it will give you everything you need for the City of Greyhawk, but it is all stat'd 2nd Ed.

Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:38 am  

Additionally, Yabusama has submitted 2 (really well done) town maps, Crockport and Ironstead, although you'd have to felsh them out. you can find the maps via redirects on his user page below. Hope this helps some.

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=Yabusama

Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:16 pm  

Gary Gygax's The Canting Crew, published by Troll Lord Games, of course, though I use bits from it rather than the sample city of Ludnum outright. Living Fantasy has more on Gary's vision of medieval-fantasy cities, among much else.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:35 pm  

If you are looking for smaller cities and don't mind searching ebay and such for out of print supplements, the Thieves' World box set is an excellent supplement. The AD&D stats in it are first edition, but converting or making stats for NPCs has never been a problem for me. The maps are very useful and I wouldn't think it'd be hard to just change names and such and use it for a town like Safeton.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: