Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Laminating the Dungeon 4 part map ? (Opinions)
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Laminating the Dungeon 4 part map ? (Opinions)
    Master Greytalker

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:43 pm  
    Laminating the Dungeon 4 part map ? (Opinions)

Worried about the wear and tear on the map and finally decided to laminate; I wonder if others have and the opinions of how it turned out; Happy or regret doing it.

Did anyone laminate it as a complete one piece map; although when I tried the pieces were slightly off even with patience or all 4 pieces separately or a window motif?
    Did laminating change the colour of the map?
    Any problems with creasing or bubbles?

Any comments would be appreciated...thanks in advance.
    Novice

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:25 pm  
    Lamination

Kinkos or the like is probably your best bet. I have self laminated documents in the past and it is difficult to keep the document "bubble-free." Kinkos had a laminating machine that used rollers to press the air out as it applied the laminate. I had a large poster sized document laminated and it was prone to "curling." It might be best to add some backing like, 20 lbs. paper or card stock to prevent curling.
    Master Greytalker

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:50 am  

I was thinking of using clear stickers to print and add the locations that are missing from the map before going ahead and laminating.

Obviously, the Domain of Greyhawk is too full up to put on all the locations but many other countries are missing large settlements.

Has anybody else tried this?
    Site Theocrat

Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:56 pm  
    Lamination of the Women

Hi all -
    I've laminated my 4 part map at the college campus, because it was so much cheaper than at Kinko's. And that was still $10-15 each.
    I then took scotch tape and taped all 4 sections together. The hard part was/is trying to get them to fit - with the overlapping, which didn't always sit well.
    Which lead to my not posting it on the wall. With 4 huge maps as one MONSTER map, I didn't have room for it. So it still has my vis-a-vis marking "do not move" on the back side, waiting for me to re-find the time to fix the taping job and maybe move the wifeFIEND's house pictures (I mean it's just a painting of a Tree above the couch).
    Be Well. Be Well Played.
    Theocrat Issak
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: