ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Timeline post CY 591
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Timeline post CY 591
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:00 am  
    Timeline post CY 591

Howdy all,

can anyone point me towards a timeline, canon or otherwise, with general overview of the flanaess as a whole, since 591?

cheers,
    Justin
    Master Greytalker

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:52 am  

Your best option is Living Greyhawk but unfortunately there is no central body whose job it is to collate the various events that have occurred in retired mods so you have to look at the websites of each region and hope for the best.

Some regions like Geoff and Onnwal have logged major events in a sort of calendar format like from the old Greyhawk boxed sets, which is hugely useful. Others, like the Shield Lands, have have maps to show how borders have changed.

There have been some massive international events: a coup in Nyrond, the death of not one but TWO countesses in the County of Urnst, the death (at the hands of Blackrazor) and rebirth of King Kimbertos in Keoland and an even stranger death and (partial?) rebirth of Grand Duke Owen in Geoff to name a few that should have made the headlines in Greyhawk.

If you want to volunteer to contact all the Triads to collate an international timeline from 591-595CY, you'd be heralded as a quasi-deity. I'd be willing to do it but I have so much on there's no way I can find the time!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:18 pm  

If you wanted to start a campaign past year 591, honestly the best bet would be to develop your own timeline. Going by the LG material, which as pointed out by pauln6, would indeed be incredibly time consuming, but also not very realistic. (well realistic in a way that deals with fantasy...lol).
    Most of this 'new history' from the LG regions deals only with internal events (which is just the limits of having the regions divided up, and only being able to control 'your' region). So youll find an awful lot of coups, civil wars, murdered countess etc etc. Basically things that made for interesting story lines and modules, but not for realistic (or in some cases) intelligent timeline advancements. Thats just my thought... just grab a few ideas you like and wing the rest yourself.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:29 pm  

Good point, crawling the LG sites sounds like a job for a quasi deity alright.

Will just grab the most local regions, and the rest can be far-off rumours...

thanks again,
    Justin
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:18 pm  

If you're looking for information on Furyondy, you can contact me at plots-AT-furyondy.com. I'm the LG region's Plots Coordinator, so I've got an ok idea of what's going on.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: