Canonfire :: View topic - The Complete *Ivid*
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    The Complete *Ivid*
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:00 am  
    The Complete *Ivid*

Hi all,

I recently found out something very pleasant:

Be it out of mere luck or simple because I am quite forgetful, I discovered that I have over 20 bucks stored on an old univesity print account of mine! :D

Now, since I seemingly cannot withdraw my money from that account, but have no actual needs as to stuff I need for my studies, I have decided that it is a splendid opportunity to make my rpg collection a bit bigger.

My idea is now to print me *Ivid the Undying* again - as a hardcover :D, and with appendices.

So far, I have collected some other pieces of related documents like the fan-made *History of the Great Kingdom*, and the Greyhawk timeline from Oerth Journal 1.

Now, my question is, can you recommend me any documents that would go well with the *Ivid* books, like maps, articles, or even OOP adventures that can be bought as PDFs?

- *Ivid* is by far my favourite sourcebook for any RPG, and the one printed copy I have is already pretty much worn out...

All your suggestions and ideas are very welcome!

Yours,

Rafael

PS: What would come in especially handy would be linkt sto the fan-made covers of ItU that circulated around here about a year ago. Yeah, I want a luxurious cover! Smile R

Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:25 pm  
    Re: The Complete *Ivid*

There's a very nice PDF version of it here, including cover art and embedded maps.
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:21 pm  

Smile Thank you! I think I will use that one!

Wasn't there a variant fan cover using the artwork to Van Richten's Guide to the Ancient Dead, or something alike as well? Do you happen to know where I could find that one?

- I've already found some good articles in Dragon that I could add to the compendium...

Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:59 am  

Raf,

If the History of the Great Kingdom mentions mad twin overkings, then it's sadly heretical. Good, but heretical.

P.
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:20 am  

Smile Yeah, but so is my Greyhawk.

I think I picked the doc from this site here, some years ago. It's not that I look forward to actually use it as background, but it's nice for flair. Smile

Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:40 am  

Don't forget to get the Ivid covers: http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1413 (2nd page)

Direct download available here http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=146
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:14 am  

The Blood enemies cover just isn't all that well laid out composition-wise in my opinion. I prefer the Van Richten cover myself. It is to me more dramatic than a couple guys leaning on a flag pole or with arms crossed and an army and castle looming oddly in the background. The Blood Enemies layout just doesn't look right. I also think the Greyhawk logos and such look better against the backdrop of the Van Richten version:

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e245/btmcrae/?action=view&current=IvidtheUndying3FinalJPEG.jpg

[EDIT] D'oh! That picture is already in the other thread. Might as well leave it here I guess.

One other important thing I will mention is that I have had three very distinct versions of the Ivid text in my possession. The two versions I currently have can be found on The Acaeum and the WotC sites. Previously I had a version that had all of the margins formatted with the 2e Greyhawk silver/bronze designs that most people may know from the other Greyhawk products of the time. This version, which I have somehow lost, looked like a full, “ready for print” version. The only thing that was missing was the covers (of course). I'll have to dig around and see if I had enough foresight to make a hard copy this “ready for print” version, though I'm not very optimistic I'll find one.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:49 am  

Smile Thank you! I indeed could not find the VR cover any more; for my personal version, I think I'll use the BE cover, however. - No idea why, just calls me more...

The version that is ready for print is the version by William Altman - you should be able to download it from his site, or can send it to you. Smile

Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:35 pm  

William Altman's version of Ivid(which I do have) is not the version I am referring to. The version I had came complete with bronze/silver art in the margins of the text of the actual body of the document, though there was no other interior art. As far as the copy went, it looked ready to just have the interior art put into place and it was done. I had this version at least 5 years or so ago.

From what I can find it looks like William Altman only updated his version in 2005, and while the text in his version is properly formatted, there is still no decorative art in the margins. See "Iuz the Evil" for what I mean by decorative art in the page margins.

Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:23 am  

Shocked Wow, what a shame that you lost it!

Will torture Google a bit, maybe I can find it in the end...

Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:52 am  

The update of the Allman version was probably prompted by the recreation of the cover art on the canonfire thread i linked to above.

I have never seen a version with the margins in place. But i did scan 2 pages from the marklands and white out all the text and the page numbers so that only margin art remains. If anyone knows how to get that into the pdf...

I'll mail William Allman again.

http://home.versanet.de/~f-dyck/marklands_sidebar_left.jpg
    http://home.versanet.de/~f-dyck/marklands_sidebar_right.jpg
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:36 am  

Smile That be very cool!

Any chance that one of you Adobe wizards applies Thanael's templates?

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:33 pm  
    Ivid's geneology

Since you are on the subject of compiling Ivid info...

I have downloaded Ivid years ago and found a reference that was missing a chart. There was referenced a lineage chart of Ivid in the text, but was not in the body of the work itself. Has anyone found the lineage/genology of Ivid?

O-D
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:37 pm  

Idea I believe there was something alike either in one of the 2e Greyhawk products or in some doc that floated aroudn CF... No specific idea, though...

But yeah, that could come in handy... Smile

Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:26 am  

I never noticed the bit with the genealogy/lineage chart until you mentioned it. A few quick google searches turn up nothing, though.

But don't print the thing yet Ivid, might be that a new version will soon be available !

Only thing that's will still be missing is the interior art pictures/maps and that chart.
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:50 pm  

Happy I had thought to wait a month longer in any case, to compilw even more material, but knowing that there is something in the pipeline, I'll be glad to wait even longer. I am certainly in no rush with this. Smile Thank you very much for you help!

Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:49 am  

Check out the link in rasgon's post. William Allman updated his pdf version with the additional art.
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:00 am  

Shocked Happy How coooool! Wooohoooo!!! Happy Happy Happy

Thank you very much for your help with this!

*Runs off to the printer!*

Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:05 pm  

Very nice! Now I don't really have to hunt down that old version, if I even have it.

Thanael: could you drop William a line to see if he can put up a link to the Blood Enemies cover art without the logos? I haven't been able to find a good quality larger image of it yet. Thanks.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:13 pm  

Cebrion, you can find his email addy on his main page: http://www.io.com/~wmallman/
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:57 am  

Thanks Thanael.

All we need now is 24 pieces or original interior art and its a good'un! Cool

Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:17 pm  

Ivid, I hope you let all of us know of the final print turns out Wink

Actually the "rough" maps for ItU were released on the old site web ( I have them).

What wasn't done was the internal political boundaries map overlay, colors used to denote the extent of land controlled by the powerful nobles, mentioned within the Grand Gazeteer.

That shouldn't be impossible for this esteemed scholarly body and the talented artists of canonfire to produce, anyone up for the challenge?

(puts away the butter Happy )
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:47 am  

Smile Of course I will. However, I'll wait until the summer with this - maybe I find some other goodies that are worth to be added to the book.

Like additional maps, for example... Wink

Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:18 pm  

I can find the "unofficial" maps if anyone is interested, although given my meager computer skills it may be safer if someone else posts them. Wink

Btw: Given the interest with ItU; I feel the Roqborough entry should be placed withi the Western Lands since Roqborough appears within the "western" map and is absent from the "Naelax" map.

Just a minor quibble, ItU is an excellent product, to bad it never reached the market.
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:28 am  

I'd be glad to see those as well! Smile If you send them to me/send me the links, I'll post them here. Smile

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:42 am  

Happy to Ivid Happy

Send me a PM with your email address.
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:11 pm  

Happy Finally, I am back! Sorry for the delay! Crag, please send me the files to Rafael.Ganryu@web.de and I'll post them ASAP. Smile

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:33 am  

Just posted the maps overe here:

http://www.canonfire.com/cf//modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2541

Thanks a lot, Crag!

Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:59 am  

no problem Ivid; glad to help Wink
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: