JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Travel from Veluna to Ekbir
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Travel from Veluna to Ekbir
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:37 pm  
    Travel from Veluna to Ekbir

Soon, my PCs will need to travel from Veluna to Ekbir. Does anyone have any good suggestion on interesting " on the road encounters" ?
    Forum Moderator

Tue May 01, 2007 4:10 am  

Since 90% of that journey is through Ket...the highest chances are you'll run into Merchants on the road. These can be members of the Moquollad Consortium (see LGG) and their goods could be of an exotic nature compared to what they'll be used to seeing in Veluna and beyond. The closer to Ekbir you get there will also be a language barrier as the merchants might only haggle in Baklunish to get an advantage on your foreigner PCs.

The Bramblewood in Ket is a dense forest with only one main road through it and several secondary 'trails'. Stray through the Bramblewood and you'll likely run into ogres, humanoids and hidden bands of brigands and bandits. There is also said to be Dakon in the woods.

Passing by or through the Tusman hills one will certainly run into hillmen or nomads. These can be raiding, trading or for hire encounters as they are renowned fighters that work for either Tusmit or Ket. In Tusmit proper you'd encounter much the same as in Ket, except with total Baklunish cultural immersion.

Then on the border of Ekbir I'd reccomend a patrol of Ekbirian 'knights' of al Akbar. Ekbir is LG and depending on the alignment of the party could be a boon or bane to the group.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue May 01, 2007 7:48 am  

Dakon ?
    Forum Moderator

Tue May 01, 2007 11:30 am  

They are a reclusive race of intelligent gorillas. I think they are good or neutral. The only recent source I can think of they are written up is in the one of the old Living Greyhawk Journals. So in lieu of that I would reccomend replacing the Dakon with something like wild Dire animals or maybe Bramble-dwelling druids or both.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Tue May 01, 2007 3:01 pm  

They came up north from the Amedio with the furry green beastmen, but they couldn't get along, so the latter wandered off to the Vesve. Laughing

Tue May 01, 2007 4:18 pm  

The Bramblewood in Ket is a border area; I would suggest some suspicious kettite patrols curious as to why "eastern freelancers" are doing on there patch headed westward.

If the party doesn't mind its manners the "uncivilized easteners" could become very fimilar with the baklunish penial system.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: