JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Book of NPCs?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- AD&D 1st Edition
    Book of NPCs?
    Novice

Tue May 08, 2007 2:06 pm  
    Book of NPCs?

I'm getting ready to move and ran across an old box of early D&D stuff -- partial character sheets, game notes, etc. -- and I found some notes about a book of NPCs that was published by TSR. What is driving my inquiry here are references I found in my old notes about a tattoo (or brand?) used by one of the NPCs in that book -- a lizardman, perhaps -- and I'm wondering if anyone here might know if this book existed and if it exists in any kind of archived form?

TIA,
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed May 09, 2007 5:48 pm  
    Rogues Gallery

There is an NPC reincarnated as a lizard man in there. I don't recall what the tattoo thing would be...

~Scott "-enkainen" Casper

Yak-Men have their copy in storage...
    Novice

Thu May 10, 2007 6:17 am  

That sounds about right.

I've tried doing a search on eBay, I'm that curious... or that bored... to find out more. But its probably going to mean diving into the boxes of stuff I still have in my parents' attic.

Thanks, tho.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu May 10, 2007 8:31 am  

I have a recollection of a reincarnated lizardman from the Rogues Gallery.

This link seems to confirm it, noting that he was a ranger: http://www.kenzerco.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-20934.html

You can download it for $4. http://paizo.com/store/byCompany/w/wizardsOfTheCoast/byProductType/roleplayingGames/dungeonsDragons/aDAndD1/accessories/v5748btpy7mbk

I don’t recall anything about tattoos.

Sat May 12, 2007 10:05 am  

The creatures name was Phoebus and he was a man who had died and was rencarnated as a lizardman. The tatoo was part of a friendship ritual he made with bloodkin. The result was a magical sun tattoo burned into the wrist that would allow any other blood kin to know if one of them died. This would allow them to find the dead blood kin because the pain in the wrist would grow as he came closer.

This is all in the Rouges Gallery, an excellent book.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- AD&D 1st Edition All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: