Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Yay! Finally submitted another article...
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Yay! Finally submitted another article...
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:46 pm  
    Yay! Finally submitted another article...

...and it's a sequel to my Short Introduction to Greyhawk article.

I expect it'll be posted in the future. I've been meaning to write it for years, but I've finally done so. It covers the period of 576-91 CY, with notes as to some major adventuring areas and threats.

Cheers!

Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:43 am  

Cool! I am looking forward to it.

Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:19 am  

As an occasional visitor, the drop in the number of Articles over recent months has been marked.

There is obviously some kind of trend here - has this been balanced by a rise in Forum posts? I must admit I haven't seen many that would equate to Articles, but maybe I've missed some?

Or is this just a summer thing, or are people drifting off to somewhere else?
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:21 pm  

I think it is because GVD has been busy with life. I do have to admit that the slow pace of publication is discouraging to submittal, but hey, they just put up summer breeze, so I am happy. Cool

Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:37 pm  

Wolfsire wrote:
    I think it is because GVD has been busy with life. I do have to admit that the slow pace of publication is discouraging to submittal, but hey, they just put up summer breeze, so I am happy. Cool

What do you think needs writing? If i've got the time I could take a stab at an article.
    CF Admin

Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:01 pm  

We've recently lost Canonfire's primary article publisher, Greyson (Dongul).

The publishing task has more or less fallen to me (Farcluun). I have unfortunately been extremely busy with some personal issues. However, if the current rate of article submissions stays at a decently steady pace, I will begin publishing at least weekly.

Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:19 pm  

abysslin wrote:

The publishing task has more or less fallen to me (Farcluun). I have unfortunately been extremely busy with some personal issues. However, if the current rate of article submissions stays at a decently steady pace, I will begin publishing at least weekly.

well yeah, but what are you looking for in the way of articles? My schedule is busy at the moment, but i'm bound to get something of a lull in the next few weeks. Should the urge to write strike, I could point my pen at a list of suggestions and see what comes of it.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:29 pm  

weaver95 wrote:
    abysslin wrote:

well yeah, but what are you looking for in the way of articles? My schedule is busy at the moment, but i'm bound to get something of a lull in the next few weeks. Should the urge to write strike, I could point my pen at a list of suggestions and see what comes of it.

Whatever strikes your fancy for GH. Everybody has differnt interests and catering to any of the rocks. You can review the list of articles I have written to see what mine are, anything related to those would be very coo. If you want to know what I think need to be developed most at this point in time, it is the large island, and surrounding small islands between the Amedio and Hepmonland. For discussion on this, check the Forums. Looking forward to a submission.

Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:32 pm  

Damn GVD had another article and now Merric is back, I better get back in gear to keep myself in the top list of contributors!
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:53 pm  

Wolfsire wrote:
    I think it is because GVD has been busy with life.

This is an understatement.

In the past while there have been three deaths in the family. My father was the last on the day after Christmas 2006. I think it was one of those cases you hear about where one spouse just seems to die after the other passes on. My mother predeceased my father. My wife also lost her father in the same timeframe. All were elderly. All were natural causes. Then there was the legal horrors of decedents' estates.

Then there was my wife getting diagnosed with Crohn's Disease earlier this year.

Then my employer reorged and I no longer fit, sending me to the ranks of the unemployed.

So, death, pestilence and famine. Shocked If some declares war on me, I'll have completed my personal collection of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Laughing I can joke about it now Smile but it has been rough sledging. Things have nowhere to go but up. Smile

mortellan wrote:
    Damn GVD had another article and now Merric is back, I better get back in gear to keep myself in the top list of contributors!

Oddly, that article predates my personal interlude. Not sure why it only got published recently.

As I think the worst of the Apocalypse is over, knock on wood, I've picked up the GH project I was working on before disaster struck, while I pick back up more generally. Previously, I have not had the time or energy to turn around twice.

I'm hoping to complete Project X soon. It is another series of related articles. After all, I've got time now, not having a job. Laughing

I missed being able to do anything gaming related but I very much enjoyed reading Canonfire during that time when I could. I think I'm back. Smile

Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:06 pm  

mortellan wrote:

*looks over shoulder*

Yeah, what mort said :D

Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:08 pm  

GVDammerung wrote:
    I missed being able to do anything gaming related but I very much enjoyed reading Canonfire during that time when I could. I think I'm back. Smile

I'm sorry to hear about your trials, GVD, but am glad to hear that things are looking better for you, and that you'll be taking up the pen again soon!

Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:32 pm  

I've submitted another couple of articles:

* One looks at the current state of my County of Ulek campaign, updating the state of the Fhoi Myore invasion and providing several possible plot hooks (including a powerplay by Keoland towards the County).

* The other gives brief descriptions of a few special dungeon areas in my Greyhawk campaign: rooms you might find beneath Castle Greyhawk, in the Crypt-Maze of Karak'zhn, and the Greater Caverns of Chaos. These are intended to give a DM some inspiration, and provide a few Greyhawkian plot-hooks likewise.

Neither of these articles is particularly long or detailed. At this point, I'm not interested in delving deeply into Greyhawk lore, but instead in providing aid for DMs creating adventures in Greyhawk.

If someone reads one of these articles and picks out something useful that they can use in their campaign, then I reckon I've been successful.

Don't know what the editors of Canonfire! will make of them, but I hope they're acceptable! :)

Cheers,
    Merric
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: