Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - CSL's Greyhawk (Boccob)
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop
    CSL's Greyhawk (Boccob)
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:53 pm  
    CSL's Greyhawk (Boccob)

Cruel Summer Lord's latest topical submission to Canonfire concerns Boccob. Like all of CSL's work, it is well done. As I was reading it over, however, a larger realization hit me. Unlike practically any other Canonfire topical submitter, CSL is marching through the setting, throughly recasting and expanding it. The body of work, taken together, is just amazing. While I tend to be more "liberal" in my view of Greyhawk than I would describe CSL, I can fully appreciate and enjoy CSL's outstanding articles and methodical approach. Great job Cruel Summer Lord! Keep up the fantastic writing! Happy

Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:20 pm  

I just want to extend my deepest thanks to GVD for his comments. It means a lot that people enjoy my work so much.

And, of course, it must be said that his vision of Greyhawk is just as valid as my own-were I to play in his games, I'd probably have a grand time as the barbarian confused, horrified and bewildered by all the unusual aspects he'd introduce-flying machines, Murlynd's Wild West-style guns and technology, and everything in between. Laughing
    <div align="left">Going to war without Keoland is like going to war without a pipe organ.&nbsp; They both make a lot of noise and they're both a lot of dead weight, so what's the point in taking them along?&nbsp;</div>
    Master Greytalker

Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:29 pm  

It can't be said enough, I appreciate the effort that go into all the articles.

I especially like how CSL adds small touches that can be used within GH but are easily overlooked under the amount of dry stats and definitions.

In his "Gods" series that is the structure and philosophy of the faith which can be put to use in campaign.
    Forum Moderator

Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:46 am  

CSL, your recent series on deities, especially this article on Boccob has truly inspired me. Inspired me to expand my webcomic to cover canonfire releases that is! Shocked
    I will start with this one because there is a certain part of your article that I truly loved (i'll let you find out which) and it's something I am sure SKR never dreamt of doing in his take of Boccob for Dragon Magazine. Kudos!
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: