Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Lake Geneva Castle & Campaign/Bottled City???
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Lake Geneva Castle & Campaign/Bottled City???
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:38 pm  
    Lake Geneva Castle & Campaign/Bottled City???

Okay. I'm crusing the web and I hear tell about the Bottled City product going to be released for Gencon. So, I check the link. Sure enough. http://www.pied-piper-publishing.com/index.php/products/lake_geneva_castle_campaign/bottle_city

However, it seems the Bottled City is for the "Lake Geneva Castle & Campaign." Reading the above webpage it seems that this is a euphamism for the original (as in EGG and RJK) Castle Greyhawk, with the name obscured for legal reasons. Is this the common understanding?

Second, if I'm reading the site right, Bottled City is essentially just slightly gussied-up photocopies and notes from RLK's DM notes from back in the 70s running the second level of the "Lake Geneva Castle." Anyone know for sure?

I'm not quite sure what to make of this in both cases. I buy games to run them, not to have a piece of gaming history. Still, there is something to be said for something that is not "state of the art" but mainly history if it is GH history. I guess I'm going to want to see the product in the flesh before getting excited or otherwise. Keeping an open mind. Smile

Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:03 pm  
    Re: Lake Geneva Castle & Campaign/Bottled City???

GVDammerung wrote:

However, it seems the Bottled City is for the "Lake Geneva Castle & Campaign." Reading the above webpage it seems that this is a euphamism for the original (as in EGG and RJK) Castle Greyhawk, with the name obscured for legal reasons. Is this the common understanding?

It seems, if this one and the "Original Living Room" are both part of the same castle complex, the campaign was supposed to be the Castle "El Raja Key", which eventually became Maure Castle (as RJK mentioned in Mordenkainen's Fantastic Adventure), as opposed to Castle Greyhawk. Now, I don't know if the name was changed for legal reasons, though the fact that one of the players is playing Murlynd seems to point in the direction of that actually being what became the World of Greyhawk (though, to be fair, they may not have called it that at that point).
    CF Admin

Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:51 pm  

RJK Forums

You can scroll down to the "Bottled City" subforum. Might help answer further questions.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: