Canonfire :: View topic - Greyhawk in 3E+ products
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Greyhawk in 3E+ products
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:21 pm  
    Greyhawk in 3E+ products

Apologies for the crossposting.

Everyone,

A recent grad school project has provided the opportunity to merge one of my favorite recreational interests (Greyhawk) with my scholastic duties.

I'm compiling an annotated bibliography of all 3E & 3.5E books which contain Greyhawk material. As WotC has released several books since 2000, I don't own everything, so I'm not sure which books have GH material & which don't. I've decided to exclude Living Greyhawk adventures, Dragon, Dungeon, & anything that mentions Greyhawk simply in passing (such as "'blank' has stats for a cleric of Pelor").

Some examples would be:

Deities & Demigods: Has stats & other info for several Greyhawk deities.

Drow of the Underdark: Has an entire chapter devoted to the drow city of Erelhei-Cinlu.

Dungeon Master's Guide II: Provides extensive detail on the town of Saltmarsh.

Epic Level Handbook: Has stats for Mordenkainen, Eclavdra, & Robilar.

Expedition to the Demonweb Pits: Includes information on Eclavdra & the drow of Oerth.

Fiendish Codex I: Contains info on the Queen of Chaos, the Battle of Pesh, Miska the Wolf-Spider, & Ilsidahur.

Player's Handbook: Includes details on several Greyhawk deities.

Player's Handbook II: Includes a number of affiliations with Greyhawk ties, such as the Order of the Chalice and Restenford guilds.

Slayer's Guide to Dragons: Contains a Gygax adventure, "The Revenge of Ghorkai." Though not Greyhawk per-see, the map is an exact duplicate of the Yatils, and a character called "The Mother of Witches" is certainly an allusion to Iggwilv.

Sword & Fist: Provides details on the Knight Protectors of the Great Kingdom.

The finished product will include author & publisher info, as well as more extensive annotation. Any help will be appreciated. I plan on sharing this project, once finished, with my fellow Greyhawk fans, and will acknowledge any aid I receive in the credits.

Thanks,

Rob
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:10 pm  

Hey.

I noticed it was hardcovers on your list, are you going with the hardcover rulebooks exclusively? If not, the first thing that comes to mind is a new module called The Sinister Spire, which makes reference to The Sunless Sea in the underdark. There are probably many more but I haven't got them in front of me.

Hope that helps!
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:32 pm  

Luz wrote:
    Hey.

I noticed it was hardcovers on your list, are you going with the hardcover rulebooks exclusively? If not, the first thing that comes to mind is a new module called The Sinister Spire, which makes reference to The Sunless Sea in the underdark. There are probably many more but I haven't got them in front of me.

Hope that helps!

Thanks.

The Slayer's Guide to Dragons & Sword & Fist are both softcovers, so I'm not sticking with hardcovers.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:53 am  

The complete Warrior has Prestige Classes, and organization write ups for greyhawk specific stuff. these include The Knight Protecors, Ravagers, and Eye of Grumish.
    Master Greytalker

Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:29 am  

I havent seen it yet, but I was told last night that Red Hand of Doom is ostensibly set in Greyhawk.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:12 am  

Anced_Math wrote:
    I havent seen it yet, but I was told last night that Red Hand of Doom is ostensibly set in Greyhawk.

I believe it is set in 'generic'-hawk land . . . much like many of 3.x Unless someone knows if there is an Elsir Vale in GH? Question
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: