ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde in Greyhawk
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde in Greyhawk
    Novice

Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:58 am  
    Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde in Greyhawk

Hello,

Please excused poor English used for this message but I used an online translator because I do not speak English.

I plan to play Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde and would like to place it in the World of Greyhawk. Can you tell me where in the world is best.

Thanks
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:17 am  

Nice translation program.

Pretty much anywhere you want that works for your campaign. Lots of choices.

I like the Hell Furnaces near Yeomanry mainly because of the Keep on the Border and Return to the Keep on the Border and opposite the Sea of Dust but near anyone of the mountain ranges will work since there are lots of mountain ranges near almost every country to put it in.

I also like the Rakkers or the Flinty Hills since that puts in near the North Kingdom or Nyrond.

The Lortmil or Yatil Mountains could work also.

There is always the Cairn Hills if you want it by the Free City of Greyhawk.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:40 pm  

I must admit that I wasn't impressed by the generic campaign setting that came with the module, and even less with the story tying the three sites together.

For my own campaign, I've decided to tie the back story to Vecna's empire in the Sheldomar rather than to a battle between demons and the forces of good. The various sites have never been part of one large complex, they've always been on the fringes of present day Gran March (that is, if I decide to make use of them all). I'm setting the laboratory in the Dim Forest. The temple (which is the site I like the least due to the presence of drow, yuan-ti and wererats in one complex) I might end up placing in the Lortmil Mountains, and if I do use it, I will probably end up populating it with duergar instead. The armoury I will probably end up locating in the Rushmoors (IMC, there's a connection between the infamous reptile god of the Rushmoors from N1 and Vecna... placing some sort of ancient armoury near the lair of the reptile god and Vecna's mythical rotted tower makes sense to me...)

Of course, if you intend to run the whole module as is, my suggestions probably will be of little use to you...

Good luck!
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: