Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Super-modules (GDQ,A1-4,S1-4,B1-9)
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk!
    Super-modules (GDQ,A1-4,S1-4,B1-9)
    Novice

Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:44 am  
    Super-modules (GDQ,A1-4,S1-4,B1-9)

What, if any are the differences between the original single modules and the Super-modules? I have the single modules and was wondering if it was worth paying for the compilations.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:16 pm  

The supermodules weave the single ones together as a closely-related single adventure. I haven't read all of them but from what I've seen the basic content stays the same with the addition of some encounters and background material to tie them all together.

Whether or not it's worth paying for -- if you'd like some additional background material and a more comprehensive adventure then I'd say it's worth it. If you just plan on running the adventures and are pretty good at tying stuff together then don't bother.
    CF Admin

Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:17 pm  

smillan pretty much summed it up. There is some additional material in each of the supermodules, but none of that material was written by the original authors, and in most cases it's present to facilitate the meta-plot connecting the serieses which didn't exist originally (T1-4-->A1-4-->GDQ; S1-4 also have a meta-plot I think, but I could be wrong on that one; in any event, S4 was definitely expanded further in S1-4).

The exception to this "expansion effect" is B1-9, which actually drops material throughout that range of modules (B1 is just a map with no key, for example).

Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:32 pm  

Yeah, thanks Grodog. I wasn't even thinking about B1-9 (Even though it was included in the subject Embarassed ). I would say definitely DO NOT buy B1-9 just for itself.
    Novice

Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:33 am  

Thanks for the info! I'll probably get the others, but not b1-9. Happy
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: