#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Greyhawk Webcomic 3.0
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Greyhawk Webcomic 3.0 [ Previous  1, 2]
    Master Greytalker

Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:00 am  

You know Ragr, if you really did make it to the Incredibly corrupt, tower of for every churning gold pieces, and live to tell the tale....I think I want your autograph.

Now with my lock of hair you'll be able to see me and if I'm in danger you plan on saving me? Did I understand that right? Not to burst your bubble, but I have yet to find a situation in which I couldn't talk my way out of. Well except the soul sucking thing, I didn't have much to say after that happened, and I guess I never had time to talk the troglodyte out of spearing me....but those were just flukes, I'm sure nothing like that will ever happen again. But it is nice to know your looking out for me. Although I keep wondering what's in it for you!

Well I have a lot of belongings, and there are a lot of people who love me, so passing out my things could take awhile. Since this is Mort's thread, I figure you each can have one thing out of my magic items, the choices are...

A carpet of flying, cloak of elvenkind, +3 mitheral chain mail shirt, or a +1 ring of protection. What you don't take goes to the Canonfire community so that they can sell it and use the money to collectively, purchase Greyhawk from WOTC.

Ummm....if you know a mage who does spying stuff, that why did you need me to get a mage to make you gloves of typing?

Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:15 am  

I'll take the carpet. I'm sure I read somewhere something about them making a good poncho. Laughing

As for Mages; well it just doesn't pay to have all your eggs in one basket. We wouldn't want anybody starting to feel that they were somehow really valuable now, would we?

Hell's teeth, even a complete reprobate like myself would chip in some cash to wrest control of our beloved world from those monkeys in the Tree of Bountiful Stupidity.
    Forum Moderator

Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:55 pm  

Wha? I've lost track of what you two are yakking about. And I thought -I- was silly! Laughing Good stuff.
    Master Greytalker

Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:29 pm  

Mort....did you want any of my magic items should I have an untimely demise and Ragr can't get off the tree fast enough to save me? Also, the conversation is taking place over two threads, see 4th edition, Pelor and Bahamut thread in case you lost track of us.

Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:29 pm  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip148a.htm Heeeeeeere's Grazzt.
    Master Greytalker

Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:21 am  

Perhaps Grazzt and Howard Stern should have a celebrity showdown.

I'm not sure who my money would be on.
    Forum Moderator

Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:26 pm  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip149a.htm Look on if you dare!
    Master Greytalker

Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:35 am  

Mort:

That was great! I remember reading about Waldorf in Dragon. I couldn't believe what I was reading. I wondered "Is this guy serious, 358th level". I never did send him my character sheet either. I'm glad to see you immortalized him here on Canonfire. A shame we can't contact the person who wrote the letter, I'm sure he/she would appreciate your fine efforts. Great Job, I'll be expecting even better next time, you've raised the bar awfully high for yourself.

By the way, what program do you use to make your comics? I'm doing some work on a Legion of Super Heroes RPG and I'm wondering if what you use would be of any use to me?

Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:12 am  

Thanks Eileen! Yeah I consider the Waldorf episode and my last few comics high watermarks for content. I don't think I can sustain it indefinitely, but it does feel good to be putting out lengthy comics for now. Its an ebb and flow of ideas. And I have my Needfest Special to get out soon so that will certainly crunch my time for the weekly series.

I draw all my comics straight on paper with pencil, inked in pen, then scan them directly to my laptop. Then I prep them (usually resizing, erasing scan-crap and fixing lines) and color them with my cheapo Adobe PhotoDeluxe program that came with my scanner way back in 2000. I have professional Photoshop progs but I'm a hack so I stick with whats fastest and easiest for me. Also, most of the time I hand script my dialogue, but slowly I've become more proficient at computer text. Too bad, because I havent dropped the handdrawn look yet- it's just faster in the end. ;)
    Master Greytalker

Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:31 am  

I remember Waldorf well. Excellent strip, mort, but did I really need the reminder about how long ago it was?
    Forum Moderator

Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:31 pm  

Yes Ragr, you did. Smile

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip150a.htm Now onto new stuff. More cultists!
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:32 pm  

Mort, that was friggin' priceless! Love those cultists in their purple robes. Nice job conveying their expressions under those dorky masks, very subtle but very well done.

Your last few have been great.

Trevor Watson
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:10 pm  

I get a 404 error
    Master Greytalker

Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:31 am  

Hmmm....Link worked OK for me. Very good Mort. Now we know the real story about the Doomgrinder module. Clearly the second cultist has more sway with Tharizdun than the other "lackey" since he got his way with the derro in the first place. One question.....since the derro attempted to run through Greyhawk City and failed, exacly how did Tharizdun deal with these two afterwards?

Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:03 am  

Thanael: Sorry the link didn't work right away. It's been spotty for alot of people I chat with week to week. It'll eventually work trust me.

Luz: Thanks! Yeah I like the cultists for their simplicity yet at the same time they are fun to emote because it's hard with not seeing their faces. Strange how my main mortal characters in WoG are more a hit than the long running deities. Watch for next week as I debut some more characters. It will be a WoG to remember.

Eileen: Hmmm. Does Tharizdun really deal with anybody? He is imprisoned you know. Wink
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:24 am  

mortellan wrote:
    Eileen: Hmmm. Does Tharizdun really deal with anybody? He is imprisoned you know. Wink

He drives me crazy
    Like no one else
    He drives me crazy
    And I cant help myself ....

- Fine Young Olman Cannibals

Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:35 am  

Wolfsire its going to take me all day to get that song out of my head. Thanks :P
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:59 am  

mortellan wrote:
    Wolfsire its going to take me all day to get that song out of my head. Thanks :P

You are very welcome. Laughing

It must be that time of the year, cuz not having thought of it in almost a year, I had this song going through my head the other day.

For those new to CF!, missed it, or miss it, please enjoy Camazotz the Musicial: http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2188&highlight=camazotz&sid=094373d2dbb88da1f1759eb4ec3e5c19

Looking forward to your holiday special, they are always great!

Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:09 pm  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/needfest3/wogstripintro151.htm

Happy Needfest!
    Forum Moderator

Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:20 pm  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip152a.htm More 4E hilarity.
    Master Greytalker

Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:00 pm  

Loved it Mort. If I'm going to get anything positive out of 4th edition, let it be the jokes. I'll be checking again in 2 hours, you better have another one posted by then....I hope you had Cebrion sign a contract of some sorts....hate to see an ugly lawsuit here.

Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:18 am  

That was fantastic, Mort, I had to laugh out loud. In fact, my youngest son had to investigate why I was chuckling to myself while alone in the bedroom. To quote him, "why are you using your bad guy evil laugh?"
    Forum Moderator

Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:32 pm  

Ragr: Anytime I can ellicit the evil laugh I consider that a success. Thanks.

Eileen: Yeah me and Ceb' got a good working rapport. As for a last minute encore joke? Eeesh, um, er...a dragon born paladin, an eladrin cleric and a tiefling warlock walk into a bar....you finish the rest (runs away).
    Master Greytalker

Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:37 pm  

Unlike you Mort, I shall not walk away from the joke challenge. Of coarse if you (or anyone else) doesn't like it....well I'll apologize in advance and promise never to do it again....

Ok, here goes....

A 4th edition tiefling warlock, a dragonborn paladin, and a eladrin cleric are walking along the beach. The paladin stumbles, looks down, and sees a bottle sticking up out of the sand. He reaches down, picks it up, dusts off the sand and......out pops a genie.

The genie looks around, puzzled for a moment, and finally says:

"Well normally I give one person 3 wishes, but because there are three of you, I will give you each one wish".

The dragonborn paladin looks at the genie and says:

"Well, I don't like all this bad press I'm getting being associated with 4th edition, so I want to be something more respectable."

The genie raises his hands, speaks some magic words, and POOF! the dragonborn paladin turns into a 1st edition gnome illusionist.

The eladrin cleric turns to the genie and says:

"You know I also don't like all the attention I'm getting from 4th edition, I too want to be something more respectful."

Once again, the genie raises his hands, speaks some magic words, and POOF! The eladrin cleric turns into a 1st edtion half-orc barbarian.

Finally, the tiefling warlock turns to the genie and says:

"You know, I like all the attention I'm getting from 4th edition, I'd like to turn into something that will get me even less respected."

So for the last time, the genie raised his hands, spoke the magic words, and POOF!

He turned into a 4th edtion game designer.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:32 pm  

LMAO! That was a brilliant one Eileen. No joking. I really thought hard of a joke and couldn't do it, that worked out beautifully.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:45 am  

That was downright brutal. >:D

Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:06 am  

You'll have to do penance for that one, Prophet. Laughing
    Master Greytalker

Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:16 pm  

Ragr:

I already am.....I'm talking to you on a regular basis....that's punishment enough! Happy

Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:28 pm  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip153a.htm Happy New Year!
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:00 am  

hehe!

I thank all the gods and your superb knowledge and talent to bring us the goodies a greyhawker needs.

Anna
    Forum Moderator

Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:32 pm  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip154a.htm Thanks Anna! Here is a new comic. Hope its not too groan-inducing.
    Master Greytalker

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:04 am  

Definitely groan-inducing, but still funny. Well done as always.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:47 am  

I though that was goth darn funny. Happy

Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:01 pm  

Wolfsire wrote:
    I though that was goth darn funny. Happy

Ugh. Now, that was groan-inducing! Laughing
    Forum Moderator

Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:03 pm  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip155a.htm You know you love em.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:54 am  

mortellan wrote:
    http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip155a.htm You know you love em.

Yes, its true.

I raised the issue of their names before. I still think they sould have them. Maybe you can hold a contest and offer a drawing.

TSB: "Also, the sun and moon are switched within the zone, so when it is high noon outside, the darkened area has the moon directly overhead."

Now that is something to reconcile with canon and physics. Are there then two suns in the center of the spheres around which oerth orbits like a spirograph? It not being an illusion, might there be some what to spell jam into that crazy outer space. That recalls a comic or two.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:18 pm  

Wolfsire wrote:

TSB: "Also, the sun and moon are switched within the zone, so when it is high noon outside, the darkened area has the moon directly overhead."

Now that is something to reconcile with canon and physics. Are there then two suns in the center of the spheres around which oerth orbits like a spirograph? It not being an illusion, might there be some what to spell jam into that crazy outer space.

A simpler explanation is that it is not another space, but another time.
    For the light and dark, a simple 12 hour offset off the world outside the hemisphere. The moon, well, that's a little more tricky (SKR does know there are two moons, yes?), so maybe it is a few weeks time offset, but would not have to be much.
    My campaigns are multilayered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which, quite frankly, would simply be too strong for your hobbyist gamer.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mp7Ikko8SI
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:23 pm  

Kirt wrote:
    Wolfsire wrote:

Now that is something to reconcile with canon and physics. Are there then two suns in the center of the spheres around which oerth orbits like a spirograph? It not being an illusion, might there be some what to spell jam into that crazy outer space.

A simpler explanation is that it is not another space, but another time.
    For the light and dark, a simple 12 hour offset off the world outside the hemisphere. The moon, well, that's a little more tricky (SKR does know there are two moons, yes?), so maybe it is a few weeks time offset, but would not have to be much.

Oh, dont make it too easy Laughing

Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:58 pm  

D&D Physics! Yeash!

As to the names, after the first time it was mentioned I gave it a thought for a few minutes. I think I DO know the identity of one of them, but the other is still formulating. A contest would be a great idea though once I unmask the cultists that would be their end...hmm
    Master Greytalker

Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:07 pm  

Mort:
    Perhaps you could come up with a list of several names (two on a list) and then make it a Canonfire Poll. You being the only one who would know their real identities could reveal the culprits for who they really are when the time comes. Meanwhile, you could post a few more comics which start to give subtle hints to their identity, thus we would vote for who we think it is.

Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:45 pm  

mortellan wrote:
    D&D Physics! Yeash!

Hey, if it is good for OJ.... juice it!

mortellan wrote:

As to the names, after the first time it was mentioned I gave it a thought for a few minutes. I think I DO know the identity of one of them, but the other is still formulating. A contest would be a great idea though once I unmask the cultists that would be their end...hmm

Well, if you have a secret identy in mind, I would not discourage a punchline, but I was not thinking along those lines. I certainly dont want do see then end of these guys. Really. Seriously. I was thinking something sub nom, along the lines of Ignoble Brothers Moody and Blues.

Breath deep the gathering gloom,
    Turn black lights on in every room.

Cool

Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:26 pm  

Wolfsire: Ha! Moody Blues I may love but Tharizdun is Deep deity and his color is usually Purple. Hmm.

Yes, I'll probably not out the cultists any time soon, maybe once I'm hurting for ideas and need to jump a few sharks, who knows. But I do love holding contests so Eileen I'm not dropping it altogether. Besides...maybe I have already been laying subtle clues. Dun dun DUNNN. Shocked
    Forum Moderator

Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:11 pm  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip156a.htm Have you ever seen a grown deity cry?
    Master Greytalker

Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:55 am  

link doesn't seem to be working, mort.
    Master Greytalker

Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:02 am  

Works OK for me Bubba.

Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:27 pm  

It seems to me the gods of good don't want bubba to see their plight otherwise he may lose faith.
    Master Greytalker

Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:32 am  

It works now. Thanks, mort.

The gods of good never abandon me.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:48 am  

That reminds me of this!
    Forum Moderator

Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:17 pm  

LOL! I had forgot all about that skit. Good find. The meaning of the five stages is definitely stronger when death is the issue I found out in my reading. I opted for something more trivial since Heironeous IS a god afterall.
    Forum Moderator

Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:57 pm  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip157a.htm This one was inspired by Maldin.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:01 pm  

I'm fan of your comic, Mortellan!

My favorite is the Waldorf strip. Doesn't he look like the mage on the "Dungeon Master's Design Kit" cover?
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:35 pm  

Hey, give credit where credit is due. Those are GVD homo-hominid-hairfoots

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=659

Laughing

Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:11 am  

Galliskinmaufrius wrote:
    I'm fan of your comic, Mortellan!

My favorite is the Waldorf strip. Doesn't he look like the mage on the "Dungeon Master's Design Kit" cover?
    Thanks! And yes that is the very cover I used for Waldorf. Good memory!
    Forum Moderator

Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:12 am  

Wolfsire wrote:
    Hey, give credit where credit is due. Those are GVD homo-hominid-hairfoots

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=659

Laughing
    Nice find Wolfsire. I guess I can give GVD half-credit too. :D
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:00 pm  

I'm looking forward to the next installment.

If anyone ask why there is not a character called Dave, just say "Dave ..... Dave's not here!"

Of course a HALlelujah! to the Gods would not be out of order.

Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:15 pm  

Wolfsire wrote:

If anyone ask why there is not a character called Dave, just say "Dave ..... Dave's not here!"

Always nice to see the immortal Cheech and Chong have not been forgotten by Greyhawkers.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:18 am  

bubbagump wrote:
    Wolfsire wrote:

Always nice to see the immortal Cheech and Chong have not been forgotten by Greyhawkers.

Couldn't you just hear one of them say "My God, its full of stars"? Laughing

Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:57 am  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip158a.htm I'll be bouncing around on storylines just so ya know. I wonder what ever happened to the trapped cultists...
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:10 am  

Oh, yessss !! They did it !!!!

I always wanted to know what such a terrible act can produce.

Cannot wait until the next episode !!
    Forum Moderator

Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:09 pm  

Glad you liked it. They got out of one predicament into another though... Wink
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:17 am  

Extradimensional rift! Kewl beans.
    Forum Moderator

Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:01 am  

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip159a.htm No surprise but, PUNtastic!
    Master Greytalker

Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:46 am  

I actually winced at that one, Mort. Laughing
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:01 am  

That was a long walk for a very bad pun. But I liked the strip anyway. Alway fun following those characters. The whiter shade of violet was nice too. BTW, the original FF was always my favorite cover so I sure hope I get to see you pen up a gith-tha-ma-bob.

Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:36 pm  

Thanks guys.

I think taking a long time to set up a pun is better than rapid fire. It has more a punch that way. Or not? *shrugs*
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:51 am  

mortellan wrote:
    Thanks guys.

I think taking a long time to set up a pun is better than rapid fire. It has more a punch that way. Or not? *shrugs*

You are right, and youve seen that I dont shy from bad pun-cheese. Wink

Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:48 pm  

This one's getting a little long, so I'm closing it. I created a new thread to continue the discussion: http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=25577&sid=8e233147c9581cd4c4e624619a148749#25577
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    [ Previous  1, 2]
    Page 2 of 2

Jump to: