Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Mage on the PHB cover?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- AD&D 1st Edition
    Mage on the PHB cover?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:49 am  
    Mage on the PHB cover?

Does anybody know who is the white-robed mage, casting a spell at flying creatures, on the AD&D 1e Player's Handbook cover (art by Easley)?

Is he a mage from Greyhawk?
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:46 pm  

The wizard on the cover of the 1e Player's Handbook (9th and later prinitings) is Ringlerun. His statistics can be found in the (non advanced) D&D suplement Shady Dragon Inn, and he is one of the D&D characters that there was also a toy of (along with Strongheart, Warduke, etc.) He was not originaly a Greyhawk character, but other characters of that line have been adopted into the greyhawk setting (such as Warduke in Dungeon Magazine) so Ringlerun in Greyhawk is not too far of a stretch.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:53 pm  

Well mine doesn't have that as a cover so i couldn't tell you. I have the earliest one with the party raiding a Temple.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:37 pm  

For my part, I have both versions. Trampier's art on my PHB in english and Easley's art on my PHB in french.

cwslyclgh: thanks! That's it. I remember that I have seen those toys back in the 80's, but impossible to remember the wizard's name!
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- AD&D 1st Edition All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: