ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Canonfire Website and Wiki are Back
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Canonfire Website and Wiki are Back
    Sage of Canonfire

Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:35 am  
    Canonfire Website and Wiki are Back

Hey all,

Firstly, sorry for all the outages this week. I wasn't able to update you on the situation, since I wasn't getting much feedback myself. Looks like we had some technical issues with the hosting company. But other than some slowness, they appear to be resolved. Not only is Canonfire back, but the Greyhawk wiki is back online too: http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/

In other news, we're going to revamp the site, hopefully making it alot easier to use and pack with information. You'll also be able to tailor it more to your liking. Any feedback in this respect is welcome. If there's something you need or would like to see, let us know.

As always, this fansite only works because of your interest and participation. And if Greyhawk is descending into yet another unsupported dark age, that participation becomes more important than ever. Your creative articles, discussion and reviews will sustain Greyhawk fans as they have done before. They may even influence the next incarnation of Greyhawk, whatever form that takes.

Take it easy and good gaming!

-Gary
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:11 pm  

I would very much like to see the article archive done differently. I find it a bit clunky for researching information. Perhaps a new interface that would enable us to see ALL the articles in a section in a list form, with maybe a BRIEF summary of the article contents? And maybe knock down the list of categories a little? I just find it rather daunting to get anything out of the article indexes.
    Forum Moderator

Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:55 pm  

Good call. Redesigning the article archive is a popular idea and it's one I know that is being discussed with PSmedger.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:59 pm  

The article section is one of the main areas that will be revamped. Ideas on how to do that are already being tossed around. One of them is as follows:

When submitting an article, the author must fill out all information on the article, which includes choosing at least one category that your article best fits under, such as "Classes & Kits", "Arcana", "Greyhawk Gazetteer", "Greyhawk Art & Maps", etc. The categories themselves will be revamped, and probably simplified to be fewer and more inclusive, perhaps similar to the Oerth Journal article classifications. If somebody writes a broad ranging article that covers more than one category, there could be an option to choose a second sub-category for the article's classification as well.

This process will take a lot of the load off of(or pretty much remove it from) the admins with regard to putting articles where they belong. Set up correctly, the articles will auomatically be categoirized based on what categories the submitted article's author designates for them.

Many of the current articles have not been classified at all. Oddly enough, there are some articles that have been classified but that do not show up under the proper classification in the Topics section. There are literally hundreds of articles that do not show up in that section. Shocked

Lots of stuff needs to be fixed/tweeked.

Last edited by Cebrion on Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    CF Admin

Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:25 am  

I'm still happy to help design the new site taxonomy/classification schemes. I was planning to attend chat this past week, but I've been sick all week, so staying up late wasn't really an option. Perhaps next week :D

Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:03 pm  

A better index was the first thing that came to my mind as well.

I'm sure it would be very difficult to track down all former authors, but I would be willing to put in information about my past submissions into whatever form/notation was decided upon.

Kirt
    My campaigns are multilayered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which, quite frankly, would simply be too strong for your hobbyist gamer.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mp7Ikko8SI
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: