JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Deepstil Area
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Deepstil Area
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon May 19, 2008 10:50 am  
    Deepstil Area

Anyone ever play any up to the NW of the Vesve, and between the mouth of the Deepstill and the foothills of the Sepia Uplands?

I started on a mini campaign overview of the area a few years ago and didn't complete it. Now I'm back from Fallujah and fully intend to put some serious effort into it while I take a vacation from being blowed up and have lil kids flip me off. Even bought all the dungeon cartographer software for it.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue May 20, 2008 7:14 am  

Welcome Home Tiernan!

I've never campaigned up that way. We usually stayed in the mid to southern Flanaess, although once we were in the Yatils.
    Master Greytalker

Tue May 20, 2008 9:29 am  

I put The Forge of the Fury up in that area, within the Sepia Uplands. It seemed to work well with the module description. That's the furthest my campaign has been in the NW Flanaess. I've also been in the Yatils a few times. It's the most popular mountain range in my campaign for some reason. I put one of the Goodman Games modules up there and of coarse the Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun and The Lost Cavarns of Tsojcanth are in the Yatils as well. Dungeon magazine had an adventure or two that took place up there also.

In high school, I did have characters that traveled into the Burneal Forest, Tiger and Wolf Nomads as well as the Black Ice, but most the of adventures we had then aren't exactly the same I would repeat these days (so I guess they don't count). I'm sure you will get plenty of responses though.

Tue May 20, 2008 1:34 pm  

Oy!
    A campaign I ran many moons ago involved that area to some degree. Sorry my notes are back in Canada, but I do remember resourcing the old Perrenland LG site, hosted by Australia at the time. It helped flesh out the lands that would have had a impact and I remember just doing a general search on the Vesve, threw in a half orc barbarian tribe near the Iuz and Gary was your Uncle! Wink

I remember I had an small isle in the river that had ruins on it, "Ruhelos Marchenwald" (haunted fairy wood), an ancient temple to Beory, hard to get to, except in the winter when the river froze over... do believe there was a Trent of exceptional age on the isle as it's guardian.

Maybe you can work with this and develop it some more... sorry, notes back in Canada, my memory isn't as good as it use to be, its an age thing.

Have fun.

AncientGamer Cool
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue May 20, 2008 3:14 pm  

....further to my last the site still exsist for perrenland, though WotC has disabled most links to it.

http://perrenland.rpga-apac.com/main.php

Cheers

AncientGamer Cool
    Master Greytalker

Tue May 20, 2008 3:37 pm  

That was yours Buster Budd? Wow, wish I had known that when I was gleaning the internet for Living Greyhawk information. I had found the site last year and thought it was really good. Thank you.

Tue May 20, 2008 6:43 pm  

Check out "Watchers on the Whyestil," from Dragonsfoot's Footprints e-zine #4, available here.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed May 21, 2008 11:56 am  

Hi Eileen, I hope all is well with you. I am afraid you may have mis-read me, I can not lay claim to so much work or such an accomplishment, it wasn't me, just giving directions to help out a fellow gamer flesh out his campaign.

I have material in storage back in Canada, which I hope to fix up and submitt here in due course... till then... I'll just stick with trying to flesh out my current Stone Hold campaign.

Cheers

AncientGamer Cool aka BusterBudd
    Master Greytalker

Wed May 21, 2008 3:47 pm  

Thanks Buster Budd, all is well with me. I have been ill most of the winter but now that spring has sprung I seem to be doing better. Hopefully those who didn't know about the site will access it since you have been kind enough to link it for everyone. I really did find many interesting things here.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: