Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - {C&C}All C&C Greyhawkers Rally here.
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- Other Game Systems/Editions
    {C&C}All C&C Greyhawkers Rally here.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:04 pm  
    {C&C}All C&C Greyhawkers Rally here.

Let's just get ourselves together so we know how many of us are here. From here we can utilize this forum. Also let us thank Cebrion for giving us this chance! Happy

Julian<div><br /></div><div><br /></div>
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:23 am  

Im happy to see cc here because it has such a connection to gg, though I haver never played it. If it has not been done yet, you can promo this over at Dragonfoot and other places.

Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:18 pm  

I am also a Castles & Crusades 'Hawker.

For me, Castles & Crusades and Greyhawk really go together effortlessly like 1E and Greyhawk did. While I don't mind 1E or 2E I just liked the very 1E approach to a modern D&D game that Castles & Crusades takes. When playing C&C, I really don't even notice a difference between the classic D&D systems and C&C.

Just wanted to post a thanks for the new forum, and drop by and say hi from the Crusades.

-O

Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:10 pm  

Some durn fool let me in here. God knows they'll let anyone in these days. Wink Another C&C 'Hawker as well as Blackmoor nut. Nice to see Omote (who I've chased across I don't know how many boards either as Keolander, Brooklyn Red Leg or Rabid Southern Cross Fan) and Julian Grimm.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:57 pm  
    Re: {C&C}All C&C Greyhawkers Rally here.

Quote:
    Let\\\\\\\'s just get ourselves together so we know how many of us are here. From here we can utilize this forum. Also let us thank Cebrion for giving us this chance! Happy

Do you actually plan to discuss C&C Greyhawk here?

Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:04 pm  

Keolander wrote:
    Nice to see Omote (who I've chased across I don't know how many boards either as Keolander, Brooklyn Red Leg or Rabid Southern Cross Fan)

Haha, Keolander you and I my friend just happen to have lots in common. Whether it be Robotech, Greyhawk, or Castles & Crusades, we know where the good $#!t is. Cool Peace.

-O

Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:27 pm  
    Re: {C&C}All C&C Greyhawkers Rally here.

Despotrix wrote:
    Quote:
    Let\\\\\\\'s just get ourselves together so we know how many of us are here. From here we can utilize this forum. Also let us thank Cebrion for giving us this chance! Happy

Do you actually plan to discuss C&C Greyhawk here?

That's the plan.

Julian<div><br /></div><div><br /></div>
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:31 am  

I just picked up C&C a few weeks ago.

Looking forward to giving them a run.

I've been scouring the net looking for Greyhawk OOP stuff (I saw Module GDQ1-7 for $233.00!?!?!) with an eye to starting a new game using C&C in Greyhawk.

I really enjoy epic story lines so, I'm leaning strongly towards starting the group (all would be beginners) with the standard T1-4, A1-4, G1-3, D1-3 and Q1 (If I can find them all Sad ) and then running the Greyhawk Wars storyline pitting the party against the "Forces of Evil"™
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:02 pm  

There is some older stuff among the free downloads here:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads

There are also the very inexpensive PDFs which may be found by exploring the sections here:

http://paizo.com/store/byCompany/w/wizardsOfTheCoast/byProductType/roleplayingGames/dungeonsDragons/aDAndD1

http://paizo.com/store/byCompany/w/wizardsOfTheCoast/byProductType/roleplayingGames/dungeonsDragons/aDAndD2

Just browse the categories. Lots of goodies there.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:15 am  

Keolander wrote:
    Some durn fool let me in here. God knows they'll let anyone in these days. Wink Another C&C 'Hawker as well as Blackmoor nut. Nice to see Omote (who I've chased across I don't know how many boards either as Keolander, Brooklyn Red Leg or Rabid Southern Cross Fan) and Julian Grimm.

Sweet, RSCF? You're stuff rocks on the Palladium Boards, that kind of energy in Greyhawk is an awesome thing to contemplate :)

BTW, I'm MikelDevalis there.

Sorry to invade the C&C board, though I do have a few questions for you all here. How does C&C convert to 1E? I ask because I might start mining the C&C stuff for adventure ideas. Once I can get it to 1E I can go to either 3.5 or 4E easy enough. I'm not worried about exact stats as much as I am getting the same feel. I.E. is it hard to hit (AC), fast or slow, what kind of class levels/party role does it have, etc. IF this is all pretty straightforward then cool.

Anyway, hasta la vista.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:28 pm  

Howdy, haven't logged in here in a while. Mostly lurk from time to time.

But now that CZ Uppers Works has been released, I'll keep an eye out for discussions.

Happy

Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:12 am  

Beacuse C&C is so compatible with classic versions of D&D, it seems hard to get a discussion going on this subject. Those that do play in Greyhawk using the C&C rules have been using the 1E/2E materials with little or no conversion work needed.

That being said, I'm sitting here contemplating using specialty priests as described in 2E, and using the From the Ashes supplement for all of the specialty priest specifics. Looking closely, I'm even considering using the spells from 2E pretty much exactly as described in 2E for my C&C Greyhawk specialty priests. The only thing that would need to be changed are certain mechanical terms (which is no big deal), and saving throw designation (in C&C, all saving throws are keyed to a specific attribute to save off of).

-O

Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:28 pm  

I finally obtained a copy of the complete C&C PHB and I must say these rules are amazing! They keep the old school RPG feel while updating AC as well as containing more complete attribute check rules and saving throw rules. I would definitely run a campaign with C&C.

Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:34 am  

Currently running T1-4 via C&C and I love it. I never got to use T1, though I have owned it since 1982(?) and bought a nice copy of T1-4 a few years back (thanks to DCS for helping me replace the maps that were absent!).

I was envious of those who were able to run this adventure since I just was never able to. Now I am most pleased to have experienced it for myself after reading many tales of others' exploits there in print and online.

The C&C system is elegantly swift and allows me to run GH the same way I did with AD&D except with less tables. I still use many of my 1e AD&D books to accentuate my gaming, but my game is C&C - houseruled as much as my AD&D game was 20 years ago.

Of course, the system matters little since I have used Basic and Expert D&D, 1e AD&D, a little 2e AD&D, 3e, and now C&C in Greyhawk. It's the Greyhawk that keeps me going.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:43 am  

Hello all! Huge Greyhawk and C&C fan! Nice to see I'm not the only one!

I haven't started it yet....(and its looking like it will probably be some time before I do get the chance!)....but I've been meaning to run a C&C campagin in Greyhawk using either/both Castle Zagyg/Greyhawk (I was one of the lucky ones who managed to get a copy of the Upper Works box set while they were around) and at some point, an epic 15 year arc of Greyhawk adventures (576-591 CY) using many of the old-school modules and some of the newer ones.

A couple of questions:

1. For anyone who has run/is thinking about running Castle Zagyg as Castle Greyhawk...where do you set the ruins? Do you use the traditional location of Castle Greyhawk near the city of Greyhawk or a different locale that more closely matches the map from CZ? (I was thinking of using the Ery river and a branch off as the Urt and False Urt rivers to the South of Greyhawk near the Mistmash.

2. For anyone who has run Castle Zagyg in Greyhawk; would you mind telling us you stories?

Thanks!
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- Other Game Systems/Editions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: