JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Oerth Football Federation's Inaugural Season
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Oerth Football Federation's Inaugural Season
    Site Theocrat

Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:44 am  
    Oerth Football Federation's Inaugural Season

The Oerth Football Federation is a new fantasy football league forming. I've been in talks with potential owners on the CanonFire forums for a while but we would like to have a full federation with 12 owners.
    This federation will be based in the World of Greyhawk's Oerth. All team locations will be in a nation or free city (or occupied city) from Oerth with approval from all owners and will feature monikers that must fit with the Greyhawk theme - they must have a nation, city, region, and/or god theme (i.e., Theocrat's Inquisition from Midmeadow, or Oerth's Invoked Devastation in Greyhawk City, the Keoland Cavalier's from Niole Dra, The DoomGrinders of Greyhawk City, The Scarlet Brotherhood from the SB, etc...). Us owners will determine divisions (3 with 12 teams), so that we have the West, Central, and East or maybe our divisions are the Godly (for all religious related teams), The Mediums for teams of Dwur, Olve, and Human while the Large and Larger division is built around the Ogre's of Pomarj, The Blue Dragon's of the Empire of the Bright Lands. The Tharzidun's Cultists would be the single team in the Psycho division.
    This will be a keeper federation, with each owner having a buy in for team ownership. With the buy in, the winner will get money, a trophy or something else - it depends upon us owners, as well as 2nd and 3rd place positions. Also, with the previous talks already held with potential owners, it seems like we will be interested in buying an FFL Commissioners program, but are open to using NFL.com, CBSSportsline.com, Yahoo.com and ESPN.com's FFL systems.
    Thus here is the chance to begin in a keeper federation with the idea of sticking around each year, thus buy in's will be slightly higher than total winners take (buy in ~$75 with winners getting ~$30 - the idea isn't to break the bank in the weak economy, but to make you want to stick around year after year, with each year the re-buy being ~$30). If someone does leave the league, a new person can buy the open team, keeping those footballers on the team but able to relocate and rename.

I've been in many FFL's over the past few years and "ran" a few on NFL's system because I liked the idea of having a D&D Themed group, but I've always wanted to join a keeper league. I'd like to have people that know what they're doing but want new fans to join in and have some fun. I'd like your thoughts as to what FFL Commissioners programs are out there and the best, which ones suck and which ones are free vs the ones that are $150. I've been doing some digging around, but the more ideas the better it is for me and the future of the Oerth Football Federation.

Please e-mail me at Theocrat-at-Oerth Journal dot-com (no spaces or dashes) if you're interested. This is being posted to CanonFire, Circvs Maximvs and EN World's forums. I'll follow all three sites, but hope we can find one that we all agree upon as a single place for thoughts.

Circvs Maximvs - http://www.circvsmaximvs.com/showthread.php?p=702403#post702403

EN World - http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4368344#post4368344

CanonFire! - http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=28256&sid=3a6d35ceb83bc99afb3f068643f96f96#28256

Be Well. Be Well Federated.
    Theocrat Issak

Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:25 am  

People could play it out tabletop-style using blood bowl... Laughing

Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:51 am  

hilarious
    CF Admin

Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:25 pm  

well this might be relative to this topic. An addition i wrote some years ago...

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=513
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: