ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Verbobonc and OJ9
    Canonfire Forum Index -> The Oerth Journal
    Verbobonc and OJ9
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:53 am  
    Verbobonc and OJ9

Hello, all!

I’m new to the community but I’ve been a fan of the WoG for decades.

While looking through the Oerth Journals I notice the map was missing from issue #9. Forgive me if this has been beaten to death, but I did search around the site for it or posts discussing the matter but found nothing. Was it omitted/removed for some reason? Is there a way I can acquire it, if not?

Any help, patience and understanding will be appreciated. Wink

Cheers!
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:00 am  

There's quite few graphic elements missing from the older issues of The Oerth Journal. We are making an effort to hunt down those graphics as we continue to revamp the old files and put them in a more finished format. For instance, issue #11 is mising the adventure maps, but I do have them, have remaped them, and that issue will see a reformat before others most likley.

I have no idea on where the #9 Verbobonc map may be, but it's a start just knowing that it is specifically missing. I have no idea when we'll get to this one, as there is lots to do already, so my best suggestion is to use the one from Fate of Isus, or Google "Verbobonc map" and see what turns up from the fan community.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:08 am  

While I don't own Fate of Istus (Blasphemy, I know! Wink ) I'll take your advice. A sincere "Thank you" for your response.
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:24 am  

Oh, for pete's sake. No one has fixed this yet?
    Gimme a minute...

Here's the map.
    http://shadowend.pbwiki.com/f/OJ9%20Verbobonc%20map.pdf

(OK, I'm loving the pdf capability of Word 07)
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:11 pm  

Many thanks!

I look forward to using it!
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:20 am  

Nellisir: Now you've done it. I'll be PMing you with regard to anything else we may notice missing from the files we have of the early issues(though from what I recall it really isn't that much). I've already filed this map away in its proper folder for when we get around to OJ #9. Thanks for this. Cool
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:32 pm  

Cebrion wrote:
    Nellisir: Now you've done it. I'll be PMing you with regard to anything else we may notice missing from the files we have of the early issues(though from what I recall it really isn't that much). I've already filed this map away in its proper folder for when we get around to OJ #9. Thanks for this. Cool

There were only two "heretical" issues; one involved Gygax's elemental god Tofu Boorag, or whatever his name was, and...I forget what the other dustup was about. Lemme get through looking at some posts, and I'll look through my files, see if there's anything else interesting.
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:48 pm  

OK, I still don't remember what the second disagreement was about, and this is the only heretical issue I have noted. This is the original version of OJ9, including Dorgha whatshisname. And the damned map. Enjoy.

http://shadowend.pbwiki.com/f/Oerth%20Journal%2009%20-%20Heretic%27s%20Version.pdf
       Canonfire Forum Index -> The Oerth Journal All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: