Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Thanks for All the 1E Greyhawk Goodness :)
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- AD&D 1st Edition
    Thanks for All the 1E Greyhawk Goodness :)
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:22 pm  
    Thanks for All the 1E Greyhawk Goodness :)

Hi folks. I started a first edition campaign earlier this year and decided to make it up as completely as possible from fan-created works. The items created by all the fans over the years made this really easy to do and I wanted pass on some thanks to the many adventure and scenario contributors in the Greyhawk fan collective at large and here at Canonfire. Your work has helped make our campaign a very fun success.

The roster of adventures played through so far includes:

- Little Trouble in Big Greyhawk (By Coldpenguin625 and posted here at CF))

- A Case of Meazels (Self-written adventure, set in the Great Burn of Greyhawk City)

- Hired Help (By gord and posted here at CF)

- The Lizardman Lair (From the CoG boxed set (GoF) and scaled down for lower level PCs)

The party has made it through the above with only one casualty (they are good players who think first and slash later Smile ) and there is still more CF-related stuff on deck:

- The Forgotten Hero (By Terry Harrison)

- Ruins of the Mistmarsh (By Sean Williams and published in Oerth Journal #2)

- The Waystation (By Jason Farina and posted here at CF.)

I have a ton more to go but this will keep the PC's hopping along for a few levels yet.

So, from my players and myself, thanks very much!

Happy

Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:54 pm  

Here are the revamped(excepting Map 1) maps for The Ruins of the Mistmarsh from OJ #11. We plan on inserting these into OJ #11 at some point, along with a slightly edited version of the adventure. After that, we may do it up in "Tarrasque Edition" style. Cool

--- Assistant Editor-in-Chief

Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:21 am  

Wonderful work!

I redid the dungeon maps for my own pleasure using Dungeon Forge a while back, but the Mistmarsh environs map is absolutely fantastic!

Say, that reminds me of another Sean Williams adventure that appeared in OJ10 - The Mines of Elsidell. Sadly, the maps for it were printed very small (too small to decipher, actually) in the pdf version I have. I really enjoy Sean's work so I was wondering if you had the originals kicking around anywhere? If so, I'd love to see them, even the pencil versions, specifically to know how it all fit together.

Thanks for posting that new map work. Great job!

Happy
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: