Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - no more DDM, eh?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> The Backalley
    no more DDM, eh?
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:34 am  
    no more DDM, eh?

wizards is calling off the dungeons and dragons miniatures game. they say that they will continue with miniatures, but for rpg only.

i dont play dm, but its sad for all the players....
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:49 am  

interesting... few people who buy minis for RPG purposes really like the random packaging, so I wonder if WotC will change it up to help sales.
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:19 am  

cwslyclgh wrote:
    interesting... few people who buy minis for RPG purposes really like the random packaging, so I wonder if WotC will change it up to help sales.

it is said that they will release packs like "monsters" and "heroes" and so, and it will be a 5 figures pack, with one figure not ramdom (you can see it in teh pack- the others are ramdom)
    Forum Moderator

Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:17 pm  

Having never played DDM I am not sad to see this development. They're still too expensive for being what they are, but at least functionally for RPGs its not such a waste to buy the booster boxes. Now if they could just improve their sculpt/painting to at least the quality of the sister line of Star Wars minis.
    Novice

Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:22 am  
    DDM Lives!

Actually, DDM is still alive. The publicity for the changes to DDM was apparently done very very poorly because I've met a lot of people who think the same things that are being posted in this discussion. Wizards of the Coast did not "kill" or do away with DDM. They just decided not to publish any further documentation for it.

What they did do (and what apparently got very poor coverage in the gaming press) is to officially give the responsibility for creating new content for DDM to a non-profit gamer-run organization called DDM Guild. Since then, DDM Guild has made up-to-date stat cards, item cards, warband cards, short scenarios, maps and rules books for DDM and continues to support tournaments at conventions and locally. There are many active chapters of DDM Guild around the world. You can read about the passing of the torch at D&D Insider's website at www.wizards.com. Do a search for DDM Guild on D&D Insider and you'll find articles about it.

I learned about DDM by going to Neoncon 09 in Las Vegas, where I live now. I played a skirmish tournament and a dungeon delve with members of DDM Guild at the convention and am now hooked. I love strategy games, miniatures games and the worlds of D&D so DDM is perfect for me.

I'm starting a local chapter here in Vegas and have already hosted a demo and a tournament at a local game shop. I've got more planned after Christmas. I play D&D 3.5 and 4.0 campaigns. I haven't gotten into Greyhawk yet, but have used a few characters from that setting in our other games. DDM is a nice break from doing long quests and tourneys of DDM fit my crazy schedule a bit better than making it to every session of a campaign.

Check out DDM Guild's site at www.ddmguild.com and our chapter site at www.meetup.com/ccddmguild/ for more info.
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:10 am  
    Re: DDM Lives!

dukethepcdr wrote:
    Actually, DDM is still alive. The publicity for the changes to DDM was apparently done very very poorly because I've met a lot of people who think the same things that are being posted in this discussion. Wizards of the Coast did not "kill" or do away with DDM. They just decided not to publish any further documentation for it.

What they did do (and what apparently got very poor coverage in the gaming press) is to officially give the responsibility for creating new content for DDM to a non-profit gamer-run organization called DDM Guild. Since then, DDM Guild has made up-to-date stat cards, item cards, warband cards, short scenarios, maps and rules books for DDM and continues to support tournaments at conventions and locally. There are many active chapters of DDM Guild around the world. You can read about the passing of the torch at D&D Insider's website at www.wizards.com. Do a search for DDM Guild on D&D Insider and you'll find articles about it.

I learned about DDM by going to Neoncon 09 in Las Vegas, where I live now. I played a skirmish tournament and a dungeon delve with members of DDM Guild at the convention and am now hooked. I love strategy games, miniatures games and the worlds of D&D so DDM is perfect for me.

I'm starting a local chapter here in Vegas and have already hosted a demo and a tournament at a local game shop. I've got more planned after Christmas. I play D&D 3.5 and 4.0 campaigns. I haven't gotten into Greyhawk yet, but have used a few characters from that setting in our other games. DDM is a nice break from doing long quests and tourneys of DDM fit my crazy schedule a bit better than making it to every session of a campaign.

Check out DDM Guild's site at www.ddmguild.com and our chapter site at www.meetup.com/ccddmguild/ for more info.

yes, thats true.
    since i posted this (Oct 24, 2008), things have changed, and the game didnt ended :D
       Canonfire Forum Index -> The Backalley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: