Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Greyhawk and C&C, How it fits.
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- Other Game Systems/Editions
    Greyhawk and C&C, How it fits.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:09 pm  
    Greyhawk and C&C, How it fits.

In short the two mesh together very well. C&C is close enough to AD&D and D&D 3e that there is little conversion needed. One can use any version of Greyhawk with C&C and feel right at home. Conversion can easily be done on the fly so your old and new modules can be run fairly simply. Though, I have found it best to do a bit of conversion beforehand.

Ygssburgh and Castle Zagyg (Greyhawk) are easily placed as well except for the political situation may need some adjusting. I have also been shoehorning the Haunted Highlands material into the setting as well.

I invite others to post their experience with fitting GH and C&C together and share tips on what works best.

Julian<div><br /></div><div><br /></div>
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:03 pm  

I can't say I shoehorn anything into Greyhawk, that is not originally TSR, WOTC or whom ever (i.e. the Haunted Highlands would never work in Greyhawk). I stick to what is actually Greyhawk (the published stuff), plus select ideas and writings from CF.

From my point of view, and since I don't even really distinguish C&C from "D&D" I don't try to make a point about it. C&C is D&D to me, and so Greyhawk and C&C go together perfectly.

When it comes to running older TSR modules with C&C, I just do so with little to no modification, as IMHO little is ever needed.

-O

Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:10 pm  

You are right. 'Shoehorning' wouldn't work in cases like the Haunted Highlands. I think I made a mistake posting that. Let us then just look at system specifics and not adding to or taking from GH. Adventures are one thing but whole areas are another.

Julian<div><br /></div><div><br /></div>
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- Other Game Systems/Editions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: