JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Lyzandred the Mad questions
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Lyzandred the Mad questions
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:48 am  
    Lyzandred the Mad questions

In the Crypt of Lyzandred the Mad (Lost Tombs Serie, volume 2, TSR#9580), Lyzandred's bio takes but just one single page in the module.

I'm looking for more infos on this lich and I want to ask you here, all well versed in Greyhawk lore, some questions about it:

Is there any more background about Lyzandred somewhere in canon or non-canon texts?

Who is the author/creator of Lyzandred?

Is the relationship between L. and Zagyg detailed somewhere?

Lyzandred and the Silent Ones, anyone??

Well, I would appreciate any info about Lyzandred that you could share with me.
    GreySage

Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:51 am  
    Re: Lyzandred the Mad questions

Galliskinmaufrius wrote:
    Is there any more background about Lyzandred somewhere in canon or non-canon texts?

Mostly just what you see in Crypt of Lyzandred and From the Ashes. There's also a reference in Monster Mythology to the giant hero-goddess Diancastra having explored the puzzles of Lyzandred's crypt.

Quote:
    Who is the author/creator of Lyzandred?

Carl Sargent, originally, though most of his background was invented by Sean K. Reynolds for the module.

Quote:
    Is the relationship between L. and Zagyg detailed somewhere?

Just what you see in the module. Zagig Yragerne apprenticed to Lyzandred briefly in his youth, and centuries later Lyzandred helped convince Zagig to abandon the world and his mayorship so that his madness would do no great harm.

It's quite possible that before Zagig met Lyzandred, he was a fighter, and Lyzandred saw his potential and convinced him to go into wizardry. That's not entirely clear, but Zagyg does have fighter levels in the 1983 World of Greyhawk boxed set.

Quote:
    Lyzandred and the Silent Ones, anyone?

No detail on this as far as I'm aware.

Here's the wiki article that I wrote on Lyzandred: http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Lyzandred
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:11 pm  

Thank you Rasgon!
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: