JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Items of Legacy from the Greyhawk Adventures book
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 3.0e/3.5e/d20/Pathfinder
    Items of Legacy from the Greyhawk Adventures book
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:06 am  
    Items of Legacy from the Greyhawk Adventures book

I've been going over the '88 Greyhawk Adventures book a lot lately. The magic items presented in that book are kind of hit and miss, but some are definite gems. I've been thinking of updating quite a few, and it struck me that some might be suitable as legacy items, as per the Weapons of Legacy book. Has anyone done any such work yet? I'll post mine once I get around to it...

Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:45 pm  

I haven't updated any, but you might consider WGR2 Treasures of Greyhawk for this as well. There were some pretty cool items from that source as well, if I recall.
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:54 pm  

True; I had almost forgotten about ToGH. Thanks, Luz!

Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:27 pm  

So far, I've been looking at the Crown of Blackmoor, Black Crown of Aerdy, Locket of the Great Kingdom, Storm Rider of the Gearnat Sea, Tapestry of Ekbit, and Sword of the Wild Coast. From ToG I know I'd work up Sword of Azor'alq, but I haven't looked through it lately for others. While we're at it, any of the "standard" WoL items look particularly Greyhawk to anyone? I haven't looked in a while.

Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:20 pm  

gargoyle wrote:
    So far, I've been looking at the Crown of Blackmoor, Black Crown of Aerdy, Locket of the Great Kingdom, Storm Rider of the Gearnat Sea, Tapestry of Ekbit, and Sword of the Wild Coast. From ToG I know I'd work up Sword of Azor'alq, but I haven't looked through it lately for others. While we're at it, any of the "standard" WoL items look particularly Greyhawk to anyone? I haven't looked in a while.

Guurgal, the orc spear blessed by Gruumsh, has a very GH feel to it. I could see some Urzun chief from the Howling Hills wielding it, or maybe Grekdenn Celrurk (Iuz the Evil, pg.91).

I'm running The Throne of Iuz (Dungeon #118) right now, and my group is about to meet the Hant orc chieftain, an 8th level barbarian/8th level fighter. What a perfect chance to use this weapon in my game!
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:52 pm  

Bullybasher's Gauntlets (p.43) would be an awesome legend inside any major town in GH, but it seemed to me to be describing a neighborhood of Greyhawk City. Its generic, but I saw GH City in my mind's eye.

The story of Celdoriath's Clarion sounds like Celene to a "t." Not a little like it, a LOT like it.

the Rod of Trimeg sounds like one desitined for a Priest of Farlanghan.

There are more than a few that work well (Caput Mortum, Coral’s Bite, Devious and Vicious, Durindana, and Exordius come to mind)

As for items that deserve WoL status from older adventures, pretty much anything in the treasure chamber of Iggwilv in the Lost Caverns that strikes your fancy.
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:36 pm  

Are you aware that Rick Miller wrote up 3E conversions of the items from GH Adventures among others?

Here's an old link and here's a nice pdf compilation
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:58 pm  

Thanael wrote:
    Are you aware that Rick Miller wrote up 3E conversions of the items from GH Adventures among others?

Here's an old link and here's a nice pdf compilation

I hadn't known about this; thanks!
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: