Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Postfest XII(Richfest 2009): Ancient Greyhawk Sites!!!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Postfest Forum & Archive
    Postfest XII(Richfest 2009): Ancient Greyhawk Sites!!!
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:23 am  
    Postfest XII(Richfest 2009): Ancient Greyhawk Sites!!!

Welcome to Postfest XII(Richfest 2009): Ancient Greyhawk Sites

This Postfest will focus on ancients sites scattered throughout the World of Greyhawk. You could write on an ancient burial site in the Cairn Hills, the ruins of a long forgotten city buried in the depths of the Amedio Jungle, or even about a mysterious monolith located on a small Island in the Dragon Sea. Your entry can take the form of a gazetteer entry, a tale of the site such as a sage or local old timer might relate to an adventuring party, or it may take the form of an actual adventure.

Now, on to the format. Your submission should be in the realm of 2,000-4,000 words or so in length(though adventure sized submissions will be accommodated as well). That is not set in stone, but it is a good average length for any article. Try to write on something that hasn’t already been covered in too much detail anywhere, if at all. Creating something new and unique is highly encouraged! Hopefully we'll see a lot of submissions based on peoples' own campaign material that they have developed over the years. As usual, be sure to not only Spell Check your article but read it over yourself, as Spell Check will catch many things, but not always everything.

You may submit your article HERE. Be sure to write a short introductory teaser for your article and be sure to cite any sources you may have used as well. ***See the directions at the top of the Submissions page if you have any problems with the text not being accepted. Even if the text is not accepted, you must still submit the article on the Submissions page. When e-mailing an article to editorscanonfirecom, be sure that your article is in simple Word form, with no formatting of any sort if possible(the simpler the better). This just makes things a whole lot easier for us to deal with, so please take the time to do this.

Make sure you put the title of your submission in the following format:

Postfest XII(Richfest 2009): TITLE OF YOUR ARTICLE

***Submissions are due by September 30th, the last day before Brewfest begins.

Thanks.

Last edited by Cebrion on Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:00 am  

Just about 3 weeks left everybody. Earlier is better than later. Laughing

Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:18 pm  
    close to the deadline ...

With the deadline looming fairly close, I am curious whether there is anyone with plans for articles submitted, or about to be submitted.

Anyone, anyone ... Bueller, Bueller?
    Owner and Lead Admin: https://greyhawkonline.com<div>Editor-in-Chief of the Oerth Journal: https://greyhawkonline.com/oerthjournal</div><div>Visit my professional art gallery: https://wkristophnolen.daportfolio.com</div>
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:27 pm  

One or two others have mentioned working on something for this Postfest, but that's it.

Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:24 pm  

I will probably submit something short.

Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:05 pm  
    Re: close to the deadline ...

Icarus wrote:
    With the deadline looming fairly close, I am curious whether there is anyone with plans for articles submitted, or about to be submitted.

Anyone, anyone ... Bueller, Bueller?

Love that movie...

Anyway, I got inspired (pun intended - you'll see) and wrote something. Going to submit it now.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:23 pm  
    Re. World of Greyhawk

Smile
    Unfortunately i have to take the ccnp practice exams so later on i will discuss on it.

Thanks
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:25 pm  

Postfest submissions will begin posting in the next few days.
    Cool I'll give those who are running behind until October 7th to get their entries turned in.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: