Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Giving back to the dungeon and dragons community.
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Giving back to the dungeon and dragons community.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:13 pm  
    Giving back to the dungeon and dragons community.

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:11 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello greyhawk and canonfire fans.I've been working on my new web site for free modules. My site is still under construction and i only have two adventures done. I am still working on 2 others with 3 more on scrap paper and notes.

My first adventure is a generic site based with a hint of greyhawk in it. The second is not based on any set location. I have done this so any DM with any world setting can fit it right in. The two mods. are 3.5 rules.

I have a supplement for thorps,hamlets and villages almost done. The second is a 1st. edtion greyhawk module that sheds some light on how Sir Bluto escaped.

This is my first attempt at full modules, i hope that it will meet with good reviews, but if you feel that its not worth printing out so your new puppy has somewhere to do his business on , you will not hurt my feelings.

Here is the web page www.foreverfreegames.org
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:16 am  

Looks like some good work, I'll properly look over the modules later but the website looks very promising. :)
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:07 am  

my Puppy really enjoyed the second one. Keep em coming.LOL seriously though this is a great Idea. What about other people contributing to it?
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:17 am  

One of my players is making a 1st edtion greyhawk module for the web site and all of my players have hepled me out when i get stuck on a rules question or just doing some spelling checks and grammer checks because my grammer sucks Smile
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:19 pm  

Good Baron, I would definitely like to talk, to see if we can reach some kind of a meeting of the minds.

I have collected a ton of fan-made modules (first and second edition Greyhawk) over the years. The problem is, I that need an online host for them. Would this interest you? It would give you a nice addition of content for your site, it would let the folks here at CF who want the adventures get at them and it would keep the fan modules in circulation.

PM me if you are curious or intereste. And, thank you for creating your site - I'm off to look over the module you mentioned in your original post.

(Yessss! New fan adventures to collect, preciousssss....)

Happy

Cheers!

Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:05 am  

They can always be hosted here too in the Downloads section, though we prefer that they be Greyhawk specific of course. Things being hosted on multiple sites provides for redundancy, which is never a bad thing. Wink

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:40 am  
    Options Apply

Hi all -
    There's also GreyhawkOnline.com too. We could always do something like the Map Folio site with an Adventure Folio site.
    The issue with many of those self-published modules is that we'd have to ask permission by everybody we could. However, we could also make a blanket statement like we did with the Map Folio site - if its yours and you don't want it hosted, we'll take it down.
    Because I too have tons of stuff. Not just the LG stuff - but lots of stuff from various places that I've ganked a download from.
    Someone has to be willing to start the collection and sorting of the items however. May even want to include the free ones from WotC - including the dispatches and mysterious places that they did. Sure they're still up on their site someplace, but they may end up coming down. I think I have copies of all of them too.

Be Well. Be Well Not It.
    Theocrat Issak

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:27 pm  

While I was drying cleaning the floor today, I had an idea.
    How about I offer up a DVD collection of all my Greyhawk crap to someone that wants to sort it out.
    I have everything - most of it is sorted - or was at one time and I've had offers to sort it out (and attempt to find out if anything is/was missing) - but it takes time.
    I've got I think 12G of Greyhawk Stuff. At least 10G of stuff. But again, some of that has got to be duplicated (I'm guessing that the LG stuff would have a few dupes).
    So if you have a dual -layer DVD drive, that would make it much easier, but I'd burn it on a few DVD's if need be.
    So if someone wants to go through my Greyhawk Collection and sort it so that we can then upload it to GreyhawkOnline.com I'm all for it. Not everything would be uploaded of course.

Be Well. Be Well Dry Cleaned.
    Theocrat Issak

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:33 pm  

TheocratIssak wrote:
    While I was drying cleaning the floor today, I had an idea.
    How about I offer up a DVD collection of all my Greyhawk crap to someone that wants to sort it out.
    I have everything - most of it is sorted - or was at one time and I've had offers to sort it out (and attempt to find out if anything is/was missing) - but it takes time.
    I've got I think 12G of Greyhawk Stuff. At least 10G of stuff. But again, some of that has got to be duplicated (I'm guessing that the LG stuff would have a few dupes).
    So if you have a dual -layer DVD drive, that would make it much easier, but I'd burn it on a few DVD's if need be.
    So if someone wants to go through my Greyhawk Collection and sort it so that we can then upload it to GreyhawkOnline.com I'm all for it. Not everything would be uploaded of course.

Be Well. Be Well Dry Cleaned.
    Theocrat Issak

I'm working on it already! What do I look like, a machine?

(*bubbagump trudges back to the workshop, grumbling all the while about slavedriving, smarta**ed website owners...*)
    Site Theocrat

Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:29 pm  
    Bubba-Grumps-a-Lot

Bubba-Grumps-A-Lot's location should read:
    "In the Dark, Dank Basement of the Imperial Theocracy's Record Room Just Below the Theocrat's Throne...."
    Knowing full well that the only throne the WifeFIEND would ever let me have is that next to the shower - and with the door closed.

But Bubba's only really working on the LG stuff. There's tons of other stuff that isn't sorted. Or heck maybe there is, I don't know. I'm busy using HeroLab to enter in the stuff from Paizo that's not in HL. I'll be working on the LGG as soon as the Gods editor and a proper languages editor are available. Heck, I might even get to some good ol' Oerth Journals entered (but lets not hold our collective breaths on that).

Be Well. Be Well Below the Dankness.
    Theocrat Issak

Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:20 am  
    Re: Bubba-Grumps-a-Lot

TheocratIssak wrote:
    But Bubba's only really working on the LG stuff.

This is good to know. I could use a Quasit helper. Laughing

Seriously though. Once I get the links of the current offerings in the Downloads section squared away, I was thinking of adding a Living Greyhawk section for archiving those LG files we are allowed to archive.

A Quasit helper would be helpful in accomplishing this, as there is an immense amount of LG material.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:15 pm  

LG stuff halfway done. The rest is gonna take some time, though, just because I'm eeeeeevil. Cool
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: