JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Suel Empire's and Baklunish Empires' Heraldry
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Suel Empire's and Baklunish Empires' Heraldry
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:22 pm  
    Suel Empire's and Baklunish Empires' Heraldry

Gentlemen I've looked over all my tomes and have found nothing on the heraldry of the Suel Empire or any of the Houses or Clans that formed the Imperial Congress. If any of you have the time could please look thru your tomes and see if theres any mention of the heraldry and maybe see if theres any mention of the Baklunish Empire. How it was ruled so on and so forth.

My current game is on an area far from the normal areas and theres an advanceing suel kingdom bent on returning to their former glory. I'm also toying with the idea of haveing them turned their backs of arcane magic and have discovered gunpowder and steam power, thru their enslavement of dwarves and gnomes.
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:29 am  

I don't think there's anything of the sort that's "official." The Scarlet Brotherhood may have some clues as to the historical origins of its own heraldry, but nothing I can recall off the top of my head.

You might sift through some of the Oerth Journals, or other fan-works. Also, you may look at the heraldry of modern states with heavy Suel & Baklunish cultural influences, and see if you can find any common themes. I suspect that in the end, you'll just have to create your own--which is okay, btw!
    Master Greytalker

Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:07 pm  

While I have never heard a description of an imperial heraldry for the bakluni padishah or the suel imperium.

The baklunish successor states - ekbir, ket, tusmit and zeif - favour the colour combination of red and gold. Perhaps a vestige of the imperial colours used.

Unfortunately, their seems no such obvious suel counterpart though keoland and the scarlet brotherhood both use black and red within their heraldry designs. Interesting, that both of these suel nations view themselves in some manner as the spiritual successor of the former suel imperium. Therefore perhaps it can be inferred that the heraldry of the suel imperium used black and red.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: