ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Evil Tide Series
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Evil Tide Series
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:33 am  
    Evil Tide Series

Hey guys,

Question...Has anyone ever connected the U series with the AD&D Monstrous Arcana Evil Tide trilogy? The levels are right, and more sahuagin action. I have to say, playing the U series is seriously giving my players a taste for sea faring adventure. What about a Greyhawk placement for Evil Tide, Night of the Shark, and Sea of Blood.

Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:51 am  

well my monday night game, which takes place in Salinmoor, uses the U series as background, the events there in happened about 20 years in the past. I had planned on using an adventure based upon Evil Tide after the current story arc ("Intrigue in Seaton") comes to a close, and on using one based upon Sea of Blood, sometime after that (unfortunatly I don't have Night of the Shark).
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:54 pm  

Ahh, the Us are one of my fave series. :)

No reason why the Monstrous Arcana series can't be held in the same area as U1-U3 (Azure Sea off the southern coast of Keoland), but no reason why it can't be elsewhere, either.

Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:14 pm  
    Evil Tide tie in to U1-3

Yes, I have connected U1-3 to the Evil Tide series.

I had Angler Island be a Keoish possession off the coast (unmapped on the large scale maps, but located about 50 miles south east of Gradsul). This gave it geographical proximity.

I had the four armed sahuagin baron from U3 be the one from Evil Tide, Baron K'thstraam. By having the Baron's plot from U3 failing, he was driven by shame to ally with the Deep Mother of the Evil Tide series.

All in all, these adventures put together make an excellent series. Please check out my article on CF for some additional ideas as well.

Happy gaming!

O-D
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:22 pm  

Quote:
    I had the four armed sahuagin baron from U3 be the one from Evil Tide, Baron K'thstraam.

That's exactly what I was thinking, O-D. I hadn't even read the Evil Tide series until I started with the U series. When I read about the four armed baron in Evil Tide, it just seemed too good to be true. And thanks for the location suggestion. I was just examining Yabusama's recently posted maps trying to find a suitable spot.

Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:18 am  

I have been thinking about running a U1-3, Evil Tide series too. If anyone has any more “pearls of wisdom” they would like to share, I would love to hear them.

My idea is to run it like this: U1-3, I2 (Tomb of the Lizard King), Evil Tide, Night of the Shark, I7 (Baltron’s Beacon), then Sea of Blood. Some areas in particular that need work are the transition from I2 to Evil Tide and the imbalance in magic treasures between the first and second edition modules.

I think I2 will help the PC to get enough experience to take on Evil Tide. The Lizard King Yiss from I7 could provide an alternative army to eliminate the Sahuagin in U3, upon the condition that the PCs depose his vampiric rival in I2.

Evil Tide and Night of the Shark do not look to me like they have enough adventuring to provide experience for level advancement to take on Sea of Blood, especially if anything goes wrong with the forced prison experience. Although it is kind of awkward jumping back and forth from sea to marsh, I7 might do the trick.

My idea is to have the beacon actually be the Jacinth of Inestimable Beauty encased in the Black Flame of I7. The Jacinth, plus the undead dragon turtle discussed in Tzelios’ excellent post in CF’s Artifacts & Relics, in sort of an anti-duex ex machine, could make it possible for a small party to take on thousands of Sahuagin as well as a godling and his quasi-devine mother. Tenser’s gemology books in the U series could help to develop it in that direction.
    Master Greytalker

Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:28 pm  

The legendary Hierax did that, connecting the Sahuagin mods to the Saltmarsh mods, and adding in Tomb of the Lizard King. With the addition of Baltron's Beacon as favored by PSmedger, you have the basis for LG Salinmoor, as I consulted them both in setting that up.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: