Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - It's Official- The Oerth Journal is back!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    It's Official- The Oerth Journal is back!
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:41 am  
    It's Official- The Oerth Journal is back!

The Oerth Journal is back and looking for submissions! New leadership and a new staff means we are hungry for material (literally - we don’t feed our editorial xvarts unless they work!).

What is the Oerth Journal and what are we looking for?

The Oerth Journal is a long-running and distinguished online periodical first published in 1995. Devoted to the World of Greyhawk Campaign Setting, the Oerth Journal explores facets of Greyhawk untouched by “official” development, from the mundane to the macabre, including adventures, gazetteers, esoterica, and “alternate” Greyhawks, as well as NPCs, deities, adventure sites, and simple lore.

The Oerth Journal is always looking for submissions for our regular departments and features: Denizens of the Flanaess; Of Oerth and Altar; Rogues Gallery; Tales from the Green Dragon Inn; and With Boccob’s Blessing, among others. (Summaries of all the regular features can be found in the guidelines document.) These features give many authors an easy “entry point”, but we welcome articles of any nature related to the World of Greyhawk. We also accept any rules edition or game system, including (but not limited to!) Basic D&D, OSR systems, AD&D, 3e, 4e, and Pathfinder. In addition, we welcome fantasy art and Greyhawk fan-fiction submissions!

All inquiries and proposals can be emailed to oerthjournal@gmail.com , and will be answered promptly. Submission guidelines are available at http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=13&min=20&orderby=titleA&show=10 - scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “The Oerth Journal Submission Guidelines and Templates” to open or download the document.

Authorship and Plagiarism

Determining true authorship over the internet in the era of e-mail, mailing lists, and "cut-n'-paste" is effectively impossible for The Oerth Journal. As such, we rely upon the honor system - that the person submitting the article is either the author or has the consent of the author. If the article draws heavily upon or quotes material from another source (be it an official Wizards of the Coast product, a Dragon magazine article, an online file, a popular fiction book, or whatever), we expect the source and author (if known and applicable) to be listed as a source. If an article is found to be blatantly plagiarized from another source, it will be rejected and we will not accept further submissions from that person. Articles that update earlier material are considered separately.

Ownership Rights & Regulations

Dungeons & Dragons, AD&D, Dragon Magazine, Greyhawk, and the World Of Greyhawk are registered trademarks owned by Wizards of the Coast/ Hasbro. All characters, character names, and the distinctive likenesses thereof are trademarks owned by Wizards of the Coast, Inc. Unless otherwise noted, all individual contributions are copyright their respective authors.

Origins of The Oerth Journal

The Oerth Journal has gone through many incarnations but began from tender roots with the Council of Greyhawk, an informal organization of gamers dedicated to keeping the World of Greyhawk a viable campaign world. At present, the Council has expanded to include many fans that now meet online at Canonfire! to discuss matters of the actual campaign world. The site also maintains the Greytalk mailing list.

Last edited by Argon on Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:54 am  

This is really great news!!!
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:06 pm  

More information, including article suggestions and news updates, are available at http://oerthjournal.blogspot.com/ .
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:29 pm  

Happy
    Well, it seems the seed planted has grown and shall bare fruit to us all?

I look forward to this, and hopefully will contribute something worthy, and in a timely fashion. Confused

My thanks to those who have stepped up and have taken this on. Happy

Long Live E.G.G., Long Live Greyhawk!

Cheers

Ancientgamer Cool aka BusterBudd
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:18 am  

Great news indeed!

Now, about submitting something...I don't want to submit something that has already seen print, so how do I get/read/review the back issues of the journal?

Sorry for the "newbie" question - you'd think after perusing the forums for the last few years, I'd know more about the journal. Embarassed

Little help? Smile
    -g-
    GreySage

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:33 am  

For that, my friend, you go right here:

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=13

Enjoy! Happy

Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:07 am  

Mystic-Scholar wrote:
    For that, my friend, you go right here:

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=13

Enjoy! Happy

The gods are good! Thanks Mystic!

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:32 am  

Or just send an email to oerthjournal@gmail.com with a few of your article ideas, and we'll tell you if they've been done and what we'd be interested in.
    GreySage

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:12 pm  

Nellisir, I think you're about to "overload your plate." Laughing Laughing

It won't hurt "them" any to use a little "elbow grease." Wink Evil Grin

Not that you aren't correct, of course. Happy Cool

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:07 pm  

You can use elbow grease.
    However submit your ideas you may present something in a way it hasn't been done before.
    Best of luck we look forward to hearing from anyone who would like to submit artwork, maps or articles for the Oerth Journal.
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:34 pm  

Mystic-Scholar wrote:
    Nellisir, I think you're about to "overload your plate." Laughing Laughing

It won't hurt "them" any to use a little "elbow grease." Wink Evil Grin

Not that you aren't correct, of course. Happy Cool

My job -is- answering queries & etc. I'm not overloading my plate - that's the sort of thing I'm supposed to be doing. I'd rather someone talk to me, where I can make suggestions and hopefully get an article, than just assume we're not interested because something similar has been done.

But I appreciate the concern. ;)
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: