Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Candlekeep (Forgotten Realms)
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Candlekeep (Forgotten Realms)
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat May 14, 2011 1:53 pm  
    Candlekeep (Forgotten Realms)

Since becoming a member on this site and CANDLEKEEP since April of 2008, I have posted numerous questions regarding different topics on both sites. I must say that with one exception, your site is better as, overall, the responses are more detailed and the "Masters of Knowledge" seem to know just about everything, including where to find very obscure info. (The exception is in their search engine. When you search a word, the word is highlighted in the text which makes it easier to locate if there are alot of pages one has to search through.)

Kudos to Canonfire! Happy
    GreySage

Sat May 14, 2011 2:39 pm  
    Re: Candlekeep (Forgotten Realms)

JohnSmith wrote:
    (The exception is in their search engine. When you search a word, the word is highlighted in the text which makes it easier to locate if there are alot of pages one has to search through.)

That's true here, too, if you use "Search the Forums" above.
    Master Greytalker

Mon May 16, 2011 7:23 pm  
    Candlekeep vs Canonfire!

Wow ... I have to say, though I dislike speaking for others, that we appreciate the review, and that we are glad that you have found something of a home here and are happy with the content.

I for one first read about the website in an Author's Note about Gary Holian in Dragon Magazine. It referenced the site, and one day I found myself navigating my way to it. That's been about 3 1/2 years ago now, and I've never failed to be pleased with the site. I've peeked over to the Wizards of the Coast community pages some, nosed around Dragonsfoot, picked up a few things from Haverster's Heroes and others ... but, I always stayed on Canonfire almost daily, so long as I had a 'net connection. There's even a few people around that can remember when I only had my iPhone, but still made a point of making Thursday nights on GreyChat. Shocked

So, welcome, and thank you, and here's wishing you all the best on the Greatest Greyhawk site on the Internet! Happy

Icarus
    Owner and Lead Admin: https://greyhawkonline.com<div>Editor-in-Chief of the Oerth Journal: https://greyhawkonline.com/oerthjournal</div><div>Visit my professional art gallery: https://wkristophnolen.daportfolio.com</div>
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Mon May 16, 2011 10:36 pm  

In all fairness to CANDLEKEEP and its resident loremasters, they(and any other Forgotten Realms fan site) have quite task, as there is a lot more Forgotten Realms to know than there is Greyhawk. Just look at the complete product lists for both campaign settings and it's a pretty stark contrast in amounts. Still, those who provide their nigh encyclopedic Greyhawk knowledge are appreciated, and surely they appreciate the acknowledgment.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: