Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - I have returned!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk!
    I have returned!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:20 pm  
    I have returned!

Not really a new guy here, but I have finally returned from a long sabbatical. Hope to participate in dicussions and debates with you folks again. Site looks really, really good.

MA
    GreySage

Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:37 pm  

We're glad to have you back, masterarminas! Smile

I must say, you've jumped in with both feet when it comes to participating in the forums. Nice job! Now, if you can post forum threads of a quality like that of your witchblade thread, I'd like to see you submit some articles as well. Cool

SirXaris
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:59 pm  

Geez! I'm back for five minutes, and already have HOMEWORK! LOL

Master Arminas
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:08 pm  

Welcome back...er... to the site! Happy

Be sure to visit all of the top page tabs(Home/Forums/FAQ/Articles/Reviews/Downloads/Links/Top 20/Feedback) just to see what is located in each, and then the left hand side bar links as well. There is a lot to see.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:41 pm  

Masterarminas,

Welcome back to the boards and nice article on the front page.

Later

Argon
    Paladin

Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:44 pm  

RETURNED INDEED!!
    A warlock, a monk, and a front page magical weapon.... I'd say returned with a trumpeted announcement Wink
    Enjoyed all (envious even)
    keep em coming.....
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:58 am  

Galen, you forgot the Witchblade (an alternate hex-blade for GH), the City of Pendleton, and the poor, unloved Porcuswine. Sad little Porcuswine.

LOL

Master Arminas
    CF Admin

Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:31 pm  
    I'm back, too ...

Hey all, I started thinking about Canonfire! recently and finally made it to the website, successfully recalled my password and started browsing the forums.

I saw this thread title and thought it better to join here rather than start a new thread. (I hope you don't mind Master Arminas.)

According to my last forum post, it looks like I haven't been to CF! since late 2005 or early 2006. (Thinking back, it looks like I stopped visiting CF! when my dad died -- on May 1, 2006, RIP AZG.)

My last GH campaign -- Shadows on the March -- ended two or three years ago. It was a 3.5 game set in Sterich and based loosely on a trio of Dungeon Magazine adventures by Greg Vaughan. (Grodog played in our group at the campaign's start.)

About a year after this campaign's end, I started playing (not DMing) in a homebrew 3.5 campaign, which ended this summer when I moved away from the SF Bay Area for a new job near Miami.

I'm unsure of how much time I'll be able to engage the CF! forums, but I wanted to say hi, and I'll look forward to seeing what develops.

MTG, aka Tizoc the Olman Scribe
    GreySage

Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:27 pm  

Welcome back, MTG. Glad to have you. Smile I remember seeing a few of your posts from before I was a member, so I hope you'll be contributing again.

mtg wrote:
    (Grodog played in our group at the campaign's start.)

About a year after this campaign's end, I started playing (not DMing) in a homebrew 3.5 campaign, which ended this summer when I moved away from the SF Bay Area for a new job near Miami.

Now wait just a minute! I thought grodog was from Kansas. Shocked Did he participate over the internet?

SirXaris
    CF Admin

Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:22 am  

Thanks Sir Xaris. Grodog lived in Cali for a bit, and we'd known each other for several years earlier from GreyTalk and the OJ.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:41 pm  

Welcome back, Mark! You are one of the folks I never got a chance to chat with all that much, so I look forward to reading your posts, and chatting on GREYtalk.

For those not familiar with mtg, as one can see beneath his posting name, he was one of the earliest CF Admins. Mtg also contributed to The Oerth Journal as an editor and as editor-in-chief for a number of issues, and was the *34th* person to join this website, making him a hoary old veteran indeed! Laughing Strong is this one in the ways of the GREYlore. Cool

Once again, welcome back!

Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:37 pm  

Thanks Cebrion, I'm looking forward to learning about what the community has created in the time I've been away.

Beyond the Top 20 listings, http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Top, are there any articles that you recommend in particular -- gems that you particularly enjoyed and think I should read sooner than later?
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:27 pm  

That's tough question to answer. There have been quite few articles submitted over the last 5-6years. Crag wrote a "Freelancers of the Waves" series, Mortellan put together some more material on Ull, and a group of articles centering on the Viscounty of Salinmoor were written for Postfest VII and besides that were pretty interesting. There are also some interesting articles on the Bandit Kingdoms. You may also wish to check out any issues of the The Oerth Journal you may not have yet seen, especially Issue #23 which contains the article "Rumors About the Maure Lands", and a new level for "Mordenkainen's Fantastic Adventure" called "Warlock's Walk" which builds upon the extra levels for that adventure which were published in Dungeon Magazine; both by Rob J. Kuntz. Creighton Broadhurst and Paul Looby also put out some great articles on various things(Zelradton and something else I think), and those are mostly in the OJs. There is just too much to mention, but that would be a good place to start.

Also note that there is currently a Postfest going on HERE. If you want to dust off your writing skills, go ahead and jump right on in! Happy

Last edited by Cebrion on Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GreySage

Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:31 pm  

Cebrion has listed many of the well-established contributors to Canonfire! and the Oerth Journal, as well he should. I also enjoy the quality articles written by these worthies. However, I would like to encourage you to also check out some of the newer submissions by budding writers like myself, Argon, MasterArminas, DarkHerald, Flint, and others.

It is always a pleasure to receive a bit of praise for one's work, but (for my own part) a bit of helpful criticsm from an accomplished writer, such as yourself, is even more appreciated. Smile

SirXaris
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:58 pm  

Indeed, there is a lot of new blood around too lately, and many have been contributing. This is one of the busiest years for the site to date actually. It will be a very close thing, but it may end up surpassing 2009.

Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:11 pm  

Thanks for the tips Cebrion and SirXaris.

I'll be sure to look for older and newer authors' works, and after reading a few, I'll start commenting and/or posting in the Readers Forum.

Thanks also for the Postfest reminder; I thought subs were due tomorrow, but with the 12/22 deadline I might be able to post something at the lower end of the range: my books are in storage, and it's been awhile since I've thought 'hawk.

But after I submit grades (on Monday), I'll see what I can imagine and manage. Did anyone pick up on that 3.x Dragon article detailing a wandering "race" of psionic humans? I recall it had a brief mention of how to place it in the various campaign worlds.

Or, has anyone written about psionics vis-a-vis the Rhenee and/or the Attloi?
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:38 pm  

I updated the submissions deadline on Thursday from the 17th to the 22nd. Nobody has said they will be writing up something psionic for the Rhenee yet, so have at it.

Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:08 pm  

Welcome back, MTG. Would love to have your opinion on some of my posts when you get a chance!

And don't worry about derailing the thread; after all it's not mine, it's Canonfire's! lol

Master Arminas
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: