JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Ring of Five Questions: Allan Grohe
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Ring of Five Questions: Allan Grohe
    Forum Moderator

Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:14 pm  
    Ring of Five Questions: Allan Grohe

http://greyhawkery.blogspot.com/2011/11/ring-of-five-questions-allan-grohe.html

My thanks to grodog for his participation. You are a gentleman and a scholar.
    GreySage

Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:27 am  

Excellent interview, Mortellan. Thanks for making the effort to unite the Greyhawk fanbase with some of its most distinguished authors.

SirXaris
    CF Admin

Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:50 am  

Uh oh---I'm "distinguished" now: I need to go check for more grey hairs, I think Wink

Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:57 am  

Grey Heirs? ;)
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:48 am  

grodog wrote:
    - the decision to not follow-up on the popularity of the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer with more published Greyhawk products.
    - the decision to not publish Living Greyhawk RPGA modules.

I was just thinking about this after reading the new Erik Mona interview. To summarize, Mona talks about the Pathfinder Society evolving from the Living Greyhawk model and how keeping games active in stores helps sell their rule books. I finished the interview and thought "Wow. WotC's refusal to sell Greyhawk books during Living Greyhawk's lifetime was the stupidest decision ever."
    Forum Moderator

Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:51 pm  

vestcoat: Yeah, it's almost as if they wanted LG to fail and it wouldn't go away not even up to the point they declared 4th edition. The fans and Triads did all the work and all they got from WotC was the LGG and even that was mostly fan produced. Paizo definitely knows how to treat its fanbase.
    Forum Moderator

Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:55 pm  

SirXaris wrote:
    Excellent interview, Mortellan. Thanks for making the effort to unite the Greyhawk fanbase with some of its most distinguished authors.

SirXaris

Thanks Xaris. If anyone can do it, mortellan can! *ego stroked*

Allan is actually one of the best people I know that fits in with all GH's fanbases. He's a class act.
    CF Admin

Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:23 am  
    A Different Opinion

Allan is indeed one of the classiest persons out there. He helped me on a couple of Greyhawk research projects when I was on the Nyrond triad. As noted, thanks to Mortellan for sharing a good interview and thanks to Allan for his time. I think Allan's always been distinguished.

vestcoat wrote:
    grodog wrote:
    - the decision to not follow-up on the popularity of the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer with more published Greyhawk products.

I finished the interview and thought "Wow. WotC's refusal to sell Greyhawk books during Living Greyhawk's lifetime was the stupidest decision ever."

I think Vestcoat's statement is fair from one perspective of that old issue. Midway through the Living Greyhawk days, however, I came to personally appreciate the freedom we had from Wizards of the Coast during Living Greyhawk. Other LG triad and campaign members did, too. The hands-off approach allowed us to grow and develop the campaign beyond anything that WotC could have presented between the covers of any book. Material organically created from the LG campaign is one of the game's success stories that a book from WotC may have frustrated or interferred with.

I think what we should really lament is the demise of the official Living Greyhawk Journal. But, the campaign even became too big for the LGJ to accommodate.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: