Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Postfest XVI: Greyhawk- All Things Psionic!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Postfest Forum & Archive
    Postfest XVI: Greyhawk- All Things Psionic!
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:45 pm  
    Postfest XVI: Greyhawk- All Things Psionic!

Welcome to Postfest XVI(Needfest 2011): Greyhawk- All Things Psionic!

The topic of this Postfest is all about psionics in Greyhawk. Whether you use psionics or not, or only just a little bit, this Postfest is for every psionics aficionado out there, as well as for those wishing to explore the topic of psionics by writing an article that melds it with the own ideas on the Greyhawk setting. This is potentially a very broad topic, as the only parameters for an offering is that it has to do with psionics, and Greyhawk of course. Here is a list of just some of the possible topics that one could write on: a Greyhawk-specific psionic class/kit/prestige class/etc., a Greyhawk psionic NPC profile, Greyhawk psionic items, Greyhawk psionic powers, Greyhawk psionic monsters, a Greyhawk psionic creature enclave, or a Greyhawk psionic encounter. thsoe are all sort rules-intensive ideas, but you need not have rules at all, and could instead write an article on "Psionics in Greyhawk" or "Psionic Organizations of Greyhawk". Like I said, this topic is potentially HUGE! Happy

Here are some pointers for your submissions. While it is not a hard and fast rule, it is recommended that you cover something that has not been covered before, or that has been covered very little. Better still, introduce something new of your own! Please post what you will be writing about in this thread. Duplicate topics are okay, but we would like to keep it to a minimum. Feel free to make your submission game edition specific or not, super crunchy(i.e. lots o' rules) or not at all, or anywhere in between. Basically, write what YOU want to write.

Now, on to the format. Your submission should be in the realm of 1,000-4,000 words or so in length(more if fine; less not so much). That is not set in stone, but it is a good average length for any Article. As usual, be sure to not only Spell Check your article but read it over yourself, as Spell Check will catch many things, but seldom everything.

You may submit your article HERE. Be sure to write a short introductory teaser for your article and be sure to cite any sources you may have used as well. ***See the directions at the top of the Submissions page if you have any problems with the text not being accepted(this may happen if you use Internet Explorer). Even if the text is not accepted, *you must still submit your article title on the Submissions page*. When e-mailing an article to editors<at>canonfire<dot>com, be sure that your article is in simple Word form, contains no unsupported fonts, and with no formatting of any sort if possible(the simpler the better). This just makes things a whole lot easier for us to deal with, so please take the time to do this.

Make sure you put the title of your submission in the following format:

Postfest XVI(Needfest 2011): TITLE OF YOUR ARTICLE

***Submissions are due by December 22nd.

Thanks, and get to writing!

---The Canonfire! Staff

Last edited by Cebrion on Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:37 am; edited 5 times in total
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:24 pm  

I have something brewing but I will not say just yet. For only a psychic would know what is brewing. Psionic's have existed in the game from the very beginning and are considered prevalent in the world of GreyHawk campaign setting.

So if you like psionic characters, items, or places this fest is for you. I hope to see a big turn out. Many people on these boards have something to share. Can't wait to see how things play out.

Later

Argon
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:15 pm  

Ok, I will give this a try: my topic is soul knives, specifically a knightly order of the Duchy of Tenh named the Soul-blade Knights of Tenh. Should have it up in a few days.

Master Arminas
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:24 pm  

Be sure to use the Submission form, don't just post it in the forum.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:32 pm  
    Psionics in the PostFest, and CPH quote

Argon wrote:
    Psionic's have existed in the game from the very beginning and are considered prevalent in the world of GreyHawk campaign setting.

Argon ... I couldn't agree more. It's frustrating sometimes tot hear people decry psionics in GH. They were very specifically placed in GH from very early on. If nothing else, there's the 2nd edition Complete Psionics Handbook that defined it for those who doubt the magnitude of psi-talents in GH:
    Complete Psionics Handbook wrote:
    Psionics is an old and established facet of life on Oerth. Presumably it was brought there when an illithid spacecraft crashed on the planet ages ago. Psionicists are by no means common, but most people are at least aware of the existence of psionics and often consider it to be just another mystical pursuit, little different from magic. Psionic guilds and secret associations can be found in major cities.

So ... I am absolutely thrilled with this PostFest, as I am a fan of psionics in general, especially in a fantasy setting. Especially ala the Deryni of Katherine Kurtz' series ... especially Saint Camber.
    this one might just get me to writing again, since I haven't finished a PostFest submission in quite some time. (Though I keep trying to get them in, they just seem to not get finished!)
    Owner and Lead Admin: https://greyhawkonline.com<div>Editor-in-Chief of the Oerth Journal: https://greyhawkonline.com/oerthjournal</div><div>Visit my professional art gallery: https://wkristophnolen.daportfolio.com</div>
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:41 pm  

I was a little bit iffy on psionics as a Postfest topic(not being sure how many people might be interested in such a topic), but after some discussion with a few folks I really warmed up to the idea and am looking forward to the submissions. I may even write one myself, as I've got a few things psionics-related lurking about on paper...somewhere. There is a short time limit on this one though, so I hope people get on the ball and get their submissions done and turned in on time.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:45 pm  

Ceb,

It would be nice to see a submission from you again. It has been a while and we need to see something from you that does not involve admin duties.

Later

Argon

Happy
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:32 pm  

No kidding. Laughing

Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:27 am  

My article for this post-fest is now submitted. I changed it; it isn't about soul-knifes, but the Order of the Illumination of Knowledge: an academy for training and protecting young psionicists in Greyhawk. Hope that ya'll enjoy it once it gets posted.

MA
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:23 am  

ARRRGH!!! I looked through all of my saved notes, and the notes I had written a while back for an adventure heavily featuring psionic things are simply not there. So much for a 5,000 word submission from me. I'll have to go with something smaller then. I might just combine this topic with something else that is near and dear to me though. This might turn out to be a good thing after all. Cool

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:24 am  

I feel your pain. Can't remember how many times I know I have assembled notes and outlines for some project, and then can't find them to save my life! It is always an ouch moment.

Master Arminas
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:23 am  

One submission in. Keep them coming. Cool

Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:41 pm  

Only 10 days left to get in your submissions folks! I plan on an X-Mas Eve launch, so I need your submissions turned in no later than the 22nd. Cool

Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:46 pm  

Psychic Phenomena of the Flanaess

In the hopper hope you enjoy these psychic locales.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:24 am  

If anybody else has an article, just get them in, and I'll tack them on to the end of things. As for now, check the front page on December 25th, and every three days thereafter, as the submissions roll out one after the other. Happy

Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:04 pm  

There are several typos in my article, including ( Embarassed a pair that has the Griff Mountains as the Griffin Mountains!). I had to redo the whole thing at the last minute and didn't catch those before I emailed it back to Cebrion for posting. Sorry.

Master Arminas
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:58 pm  

I think I got everything. Let me know if I missed anything.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:44 am  

The next submission will be going up today. Cool

Anybody who gets there submission in before New Year's Eve will have it go up on New Year's Day, as the first Article of 2012. Any further entries will be published every 3 days thereafter(i.e. on the 4th, 7th, etc.).
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: