JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Greyhawk ideas
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Greyhawk ideas
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:59 pm  
    Greyhawk ideas

I don't get to play much but keep having different ideas, so I thought I would post some. If you can use them great.

the Rhennee are gathering, rumor has it the wise women have decided that there needs to be a Lord of Lords, someone to arbitrate disputes, ect. . these gatherings are causing a lot of anxiety with local authoritys. they are also looking for some magic item, again the rumer mill says they are looking for something that will alow them to raise or create an island.

a knightly order for arcanists. Mageknights of Urnst as an example.

use the daggerspell guild as a police force for the dutchy of Ulik.

Kelanen introduces soulknife/ priests to his clergy to gain more status.

thats all i have for now. feel free to add or comment.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:42 pm  
    Re: Greyhawk ideas

Thmpr wrote:
    ...a knightly order for arcanists. Mageknights of Urnst as an example.

I play my game with there being very few arcanists (Of real talent at least), but I like this idea. Smile Have you done any work on the Mageknights of Urnst?
    Paladin

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:02 pm  
    Re: Greyhawk ideas

Thmpr wrote:

the Rhennee are gathering, rumor has it the wise women have decided that there needs to be a Lord of Lords, someone to arbitrate disputes, ect. . these gatherings are causing a lot of anxiety with local authoritys. they are also looking for some magic item, again the rumer mill says they are looking for something that will alow them to raise or create an island..

I too would take interest in this piece. I have a principle PC IMC that is a Bard and Rhennee so discussing new plot elements would be great. I have been kicking around the "discovery of a gate or a portal" or rumor of its existence, that would be tied to the Rhennee "pre- Flanness history".
    GreySage

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:02 pm  

Yes, I think the Mageknights idea is the best of the ones you listed, though I think a great campaign could be based upon the Rhenee focus as well.

It's funny you mention this as we've been considering including a Plot Ideas section in the soon-to-be-up-and-coming Canonfire Chronicles. Cool

SirXaris
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:15 am  

What if the Island they were trying to raise is non other than the Ilse of Woe?
    Paladin

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:26 am  

vonbek wrote:

Interesting thought, but what would be the Rehnnee motivations to do so? I view them as gypsy types (so some what chaotic, but not extremists)
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:45 am  

Dark_Lord_Galen wrote:
    vonbek wrote:

Interesting thought, but what would be the Rehnnee motivations to do so? I view them as gypsy types (so some what chaotic, but not extremists)

They are rumored to be from elsewhere... perhaps they don't know/don't believe in what makes said Isle so woeful?
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:04 pm  

Wasn't there a LG adventure arc with something like that theme?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:28 pm  

i was thinking the island would be a central location / new "homeland" for them, and there new Lord of Lords. If there wisewomen are as good as build then they would understand the Isle of Woe would not be good for them, BUT, that doesnt mean that some faction would think otherwise!

I was thinking for the mage knights would be a beginning of joint efforts between the two courts. (I play 3.0/3.5 so i like alot of the wizard-mage prestige classed and would use all of those to fill out individual members.) I created a few npc's. the leader would be a scon of the Lorinar Clan either a Eldritch Knight or a Abjurant champion.

Another idea: everybody remember the Bluestar Adepts from Thieves World? how about a Tenser supported group of the same name?
    Paladin

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:15 am  

Thmpr wrote:

Another idea: everybody remember the Bluestar Adepts from Thieves World? how about a Tenser supported group of the same name?

Yes, and interesting choice in parallel. Though Tenser would not be my first choice for the role as he has separated himself from the eight and IMO doesn't have those sort of motivations....
    I would lean toward Warnes Starcoat, Since he already has a begrudging acceptance among most his peers.Alhamazad. Bigby, and Theodain Eriason all view him with a certain degree of contempt and some dispossession of distrust. And after the Crook of Rao Recovery / FoF(if your Campaign has him aiding in this), I could certainly see where his perspective might lead to inflation of ego.... and the self-motivated thought of "I can do this assembly better under my controlling guidance" montra. Which would add a third element to the Mort / Rary (if your campaign is set up as canon structured) gambit. He could certainly fracture the Eight if this were to carry through, since those above would likely appose and Jallarzi Sallavarian would likely support her former mentor.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:35 am  

Thmpr wrote:

This makes me think, the charge of the Blue Star Adepts was to fight on the side of good or law (can't remember specifically) in the Last Battle. This makes me think of the Order of the Cerulean Sign in 3.5. Maybe the Blue Star Adepts could be a suborder open to wizards and other arcanists, but dedicated to fighting aberrant threats?
    CF Admin

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:52 pm  

smillan_31 wrote:
    Thmpr wrote:

This makes me think, the charge of the Blue Star Adepts was to fight on the side of good or law (can't remember specifically) in the Last Battle. This makes me think of the Order of the Cerulean Sign in 3.5. Maybe the Blue Star Adepts could be a suborder open to wizards and other arcanists, but dedicated to fighting aberrant threats?

IIRC it's Law in the TW stories, so I had set up Blue Star mages as LNs IMC. I hadn't made any connections between their blue stars and Tenser, though---an interesting possibility! :D

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:03 pm  
    Ether Threat

vonbek wrote:
    smillan_31 wrote:
    Wasn't there a LG adventure arc with something like that theme?

As a matter of fact, there sure was ... it was part of the Core region "Ether Threat" cycle. It included:
      CORS2-02 Isles of Woe
      COR2-11 Escape from Tenh
      COR2-13 Into the Dying Lands
      COR3-02 Return to the Isles
      COR3-10 Sepulcher of the Wizard-King
      COR3-12 Endgame

The series began with a special encounter published in the Living Greyhawk Journal, no. 10 called Delve Toward the Boathouse. It was the prelude to the adventure series which kicked off at Origins 2002 with the special event dungeon delve as named above, Isles of Woe.
    In this incarnation, the Isles of Woe "for centuries falsely believed to have sunk into the waters of the Nyr Dyv, resurfaced not from the water, but from the Ethereal Plane. "
    Owner and Lead Admin: https://greyhawkonline.com<div>Editor-in-Chief of the Oerth Journal: https://greyhawkonline.com/oerthjournal</div><div>Visit my professional art gallery: https://wkristophnolen.daportfolio.com</div>
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:09 pm  

another idea; the scarlet brotherhood has set another plan in motion, they have sent (multiple ?) adventuring group(s) out to cause all sorts of problems. looking for magic, prevent other groups form aquiring magic, influence various organizations, pass informations, but mostly to cause problems for the PC's. figure the group would be 4 or 5 members, all disguised as other races to blend in more easily.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: