Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Greetings and salutations from a newbie
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk!
    Greetings and salutations from a newbie
    Novice

Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:31 pm  
    Greetings and salutations from a newbie

Huzzah! What a great site! I started playing 1E Greyhawk in 1980 and only stopped when girls and music got in the way, around '92 or so. Played a handfull of times till '00 and then nothing. Gasp. I know! My buddy from 5th grade who I used to play with somehow got me back into the game and now we are running a 1. 2E Forgotten Realms (pre-spell-plague) campaign and a 2. 2E Greyhawk (pre-tripartite artifact of evil) campaign and will be starting 3. a very rustic low-magick low-treasure villagers turned adventuruers campaign. leather apron and fish-skinning knife, anyone? i am so thankful for my buddy getting me back into the greatest game ever!! My 7 year old has just had his first adventure with his Halfling fighter and I couldn't be happier. Interests include beer, hard alcohol, ethnic music, long walks in nature, Hayao Miyazaki, my family and 2E Forever ftw!!!!! Arigato gozaimash!
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:32 pm  

Welcome to the boards fleetfoot108.

Many of us here are long time fans of all things Greyhawk. Feel free to ask any questions you like. There are many here with a plethora of information. As far as content goes, over 40,000 articles submitted by fans of this site, I would encourage you to peruse them at your leisure. Lastly if your up for it on your left you'll see a link to join the Thursday night chats "Greytalk Chat Now! (with Java).

Later

Argon
    GreySage

Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:09 pm  

Welcome Fleetfoot108! We're glad to have you as a member to our site. Please don't hesitate to participate in the Forum discussions. We've got Greyhawk Greybeards, Greyhawk Newbies, and Greybeards like me who don't know any more about Greyhawk than the Newbies. Happy So, join the fun!

SirXaris
    Paladin

Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:12 pm  

Good Morrow and Welcome fleetfoot108!
    Like you, many of us Have returned to THE Realm that started it all.
    You'll find a wealth of information and support from the many fellow spelunkers that dwell here.
    Don't be afraid to dive in and throw some ideas around.. No one bites.. except maybe Argon (damn barbarians) and there is the occasional Purple lightning of Cebrion to watch out for heheh but you can only summon him by violating the posting rules. Wink
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:59 pm  

Dark_Lord_Galen wrote:
    Good Morrow and Welcome fleetfoot108!
    Like you, many of us Have returned to THE Realm that started it all.
    You'll find a wealth of information and support from the many fellow spelunkers that dwell here.
    Don't be afraid to dive in and throw some ideas around.. No one bites.. except maybe Argon (damn barbarians) and there is the occasional Purple lightning of Cebrion to watch out for heheh but you can only summon him by violating the posting rules. Wink

Not true! Rumor has it Cebrion can also be summoned when you place hot sauce in Aaron Rodgers jock strap. Razz

Later

Argon
    Paladin

Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:07 pm  

Argon wrote:

Not true! Rumor has it Cebrion can also be summoned when you place hot sauce in Aaron Rodgers jock strap. Razz
    Argon

Well if that were to occur, you might want to reference my article on summoning the "Fhar" from retirement.. Hate for all those "cheeseheads" to have an excuse of why the pack won't win this year. Evil Grin Razz
    http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1039&mode=thread&order=1&thold=0
    Sorry couldn't resist an induced segue way.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:01 pm  

DLG,

The Fahr is over. Besides most cheese heads or football fans in general will clearly state, Aaron Rodgers has won as many super-bowls as Fahr has. Now let the cheese stand alone. By the way nice plug for your article still on the front page for now. Evil Grin

Later

Argon
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:31 am  

Welcome to the site fleetfoot108! The old schoolers really have been coming out of the woodwork, so to speak. Happy Despite very little official attention, not only is Greyhawk still alive but resurgent, and that has everything to do with Greyhawk fans. Welcome aboard, and happy posting! Cool

Cebrion wrote:
    As an aside, I gave up the "PURPLE LIGHTNING" (you guys got the color wrong! Laughing) a while ago as, almost every time I have used it to highlight even minor things, people freak out. Anyways, it was intended to be used to differentiate "mod hat" comments from the usual "psycho Greyhawk fan" comments, and this is a not uncommon usage on sites where the moderators post as mods/members under one profile, like I have always done here. Apparently people read my posts though, so I have found that the glaring purple text is not necessary. The purple was originally chosen to go with the Tharizdun avatar I was using at the time, but I prefer the DARK RED text I normally use for highlighting things in a very obvious way, and have always used it, as it fits in with the overall site theme.

Lastly, once a Packers fan, always a Packers fan. With me it is genetic though- my mother is from Green Bay! It is hard to get away from it. Green Bay is not a very large place so imagine going out to most any prominent restaurant or business in your city and running into your local pro football players. It is that kind of place, and has been for a long time. Bart Starr went to church with my grandparents, and that is only one freakish thing I could mention. Shocked And the city of Green Bay owns the Packers organization, which is a non-profit, and the only professional sports team with that arrangement, anywhere (talk about community outreach! Laughing). Thus the rabid, loyal fandom. Cool

So, mock the Packers at your own risk. Evil Grin Laughing

Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:35 pm  

Shocked DLG, I told you!

See purple lighting and cheese sounds like some Viking love is being displayed by Cebrion. Razz

See what you started fleetfoot108. Wink

Welcome to the boards once again.

Later

Argon
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: