Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - All Dragon Magazines and Polyhedron online for free
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    All Dragon Magazines and Polyhedron online for free
    GreySage

Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:51 pm  
    All Dragon Magazines and Polyhedron online for free

Has anyone seen this? Is it legitimate? I couldn't figure out how to actually download them. Neutral

The article does say that WotC is looking into to it, so it may not be legal.

Link Removed. Do not post links to what are obviously illegal files.

SirXaris
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:03 pm  

They are hosted on Internet Archive. You need to use the search function to find them. I didn't check to see if all issues are available and they are in individual files. I highly doubt they are legally there since WOTC is looking into it.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:52 pm  

The ones that I searched for in the Internet Archive were there and if you right click the link for the PDF on the left hand side and click 'Save As' it will save it to your desired destination! They are also bookmarked it appears and sectioned in the pdf's...Rejoice!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:19 am  

I would think that since paizo still changes for the mags, this stuff isn't legal.
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:03 pm  

Of course this stuff isn't legal. Digital copies of virtually every RPG book, video game, and pop song ever published are available free on the internet and have been for years. Are they legal? No. There's just so much of it that sometimes the illegal stuff spills onto the honest or semi-legal sites.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:19 am  

thank you for this. my wife... not so much.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:50 am  

I laughed at this all morning. No i do not mean no thanks for my wife. What i meant was my wife is not thankful that i have access to these dragon magazines because i will spend all my time reading them.

That being said sir X if you ARE somehow able to affect wives i may or may not be interested.
    GreySage

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:48 pm  

mcneilk wrote:
    I laughed at this all morning. No i do not mean no thanks for my wife. What i meant was my wife is not thankful that i have access to these dragon magazines because i will spend all my time reading them.

NICE save, buddy, nice save... Happy

Quote:
    That being said sir X if you ARE somehow able to affect wives i may or may not be interested.

I still haven't been able to bend the mind of my own wife, Mcneilk, so she mustn't be weak-willed. Wink I thinks he is immune to my Enchantments and Charms. The fact that she doesn't partake of wine doesn't help me, either... Laughing

-Lanthorn
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:07 am  

Two questions:

Question #1: Is the meaning of this excerpt form the linked article somehow confusing as to its meaning?
    Quote:
    I checked in with Wizards of the Coast and the response was that they "were looking into it." In other words, the downloads have not been reviewed by Wizards of the Coast, which makes it unlikely that Paizo Publishing has been consulted either. This means that the listing of these issues will likely be taken down, as per the Internet Archive's Copyright Policy:

The Internet Archive respects the intellectual property rights and other proprietary rights of others. The Internet Archive may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, remove certain content or disable access to content that appears to infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of others.

This is not the first time a magazine has been put on Internet Archive without contributor or publisher permission...

Hmmm. I am so NOT confused by that RED bit. I doubt anybody else is either.

Question 2: Are the Forum Rules particularly obtuse or easily misunderstood, specifically the bit mentioned in the third paragraph under "Rules for Safe and Happy Posting"? I don't think that they are.

Just to be clear, if you see something like this, and "Yes, we're WotC, and look at what we are doing for our fans...FOR FREE!!!...and yes, we are AWESOME!!!" isn't plastered all over it, or it originates on a site where anybody can post any sort of files (copyrighted or not) or has a name like Torrentwhores, Pirateshack, Plunderfile, whatever, ya might just want to have a bit of a think on it before posting links to it. Tap into your common sense, folks.

Thread Closed.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: