Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Reign of Winter AP in Greyhawk - Perrenland or Stonefist?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 3.0e/3.5e/d20/Pathfinder
    Reign of Winter AP in Greyhawk - Perrenland or Stonefist?
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:21 pm  
    Reign of Winter AP in Greyhawk - Perrenland or Stonefist?

Interested in views on where the latest PF AP could be set within Greyhawk. Initially thought Stonefist for the snow and ice but given the connection to Baba Yaga, could this be set in Perrenland somehow and tied to Iggwilv?

Would welcome views.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:12 am  

I can see arguments for both, but I'd probably place Irrisen between Stonefist and the Ice Barbarians (you'd have to alter Irrisen's geography a bit, but that's not too hard to do). The Cruski are about identical to the Ulfen/Linnorm kings; Stonefist seems best to represent the north-Slavic ambience of Paizo's Baba Yaga.

I'd say no to Perrenland mostly because Iggwilv really only went there because that's where the caverns of Tsojcanth were - her origins could easily lie elsewhere. And you probably know this, but the "Tashanna" who was a previous Queen of Irrisen is strongly implied to be Iggwilv (see the module Witchwar Legacy for more detail).
    GreySage

Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:47 am  

Chevalier wrote:
    I'd say no to Perrenland mostly because Iggwilv really only went there because that's where the caverns of Tsojcanth were - her origins could easily lie elsewhere. And you probably know this, but the "Tashanna" who was a previous Queen of Irrisen is strongly implied to be Iggwilv (see the module Witchwar Legacy for more detail).

To expand upon this, I'll point out that Tasha, of Tasha's Uncontrollable, Hideous Laughter fame, was an apprentice of Zagyg's and turned out to be Iggwilv, herself. Thus, Tashanna has very close circumstancial ties to Iggwilv.

SirXaris
    Paladin

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:06 am  

arohi wrote:
    A Wizard finds Spell-books, gains spells through study at a Magic School, or perhaps with his/her Mentor. But how does your Cleric "know" that the spell Dimensional Anchor even exist? What about Imbue with Spell Ability? Confused

Arohi, Not sure how our question relates to this particular thread (may have been better listed as a new thread with in 3.5e)

But In my own campaign, Clerics "hear" about new sermons, rituals, and prayers (aka Spells) from thier church elders, commune & augury type spells, and divine researches, just to name a few ideas.

As my players PCs advance, they gain the ability to cast higher level spells, but not the spells themselves (as suggested by 3.5 PHB). This IMO makes more sense than they just wake up "knowing something " simply because they leveled up.

It forces, the wizards, druids, socerers and clerics to put some investment into learning higher magics. The bonus side effect, as a DM, it gives me new adventure hooks that don't have to involve rescue, saving, treasure hunting, etc....

The PCs make plans to discover old tombs, ancient writings, quests for mystical tutors, etc. BUT not everyone wants that level of detail or roleplay in thier game.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 3.0e/3.5e/d20/Pathfinder All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: