Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Greyhawk Poll
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Greyhawk Poll

What would lure you to the Greytalk chats
    Change the Day from Thursday night to Friday night?
    14%
     14%  [ 2 ]
    Change the Day From Thursday night to Saturday afternoon or night?
    0%
     0%  [ 0 ]
    Have a main topic for each chat? i.e. Liches of Oerth, Baklunish lands, Western Oerth, etc.
    71%
     71%  [ 10 ]
    Occasional play by chat sessions, during Greytalk with one primary DM?
    14%
     14%  [ 2 ]
    Occasional play by chat sessions, during Greytalk with guest DMs on different weeks?
    0%
     0%  [ 0 ]
    Total Votes : 14

Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:45 pm  
    Greyhawk Poll

As many long time Canonfire! members know, the greytalk chats have been a mainstay for many of us on Thursday nights. The chats have dwindled recently and I'm sure many of us would like a resurgence to the chats of yesteryear.

So I'm composing a poll. Perhaps the first of several such posts. To determine what would lure more people back to the chats once again.

Please post your suggestions here.

I look forward to chatting with you all soon.

Later

Argon
    GreySage

Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:31 pm  

The biggest problem I've encountered is the difficulty in coming up with a topic to get people focused. Either no one has a topic to suggest, or there are three to six topics being discussed at the same time, which makes it a bit confusing.

Having a topic each week doesn't mean that other topics can't be brought up during the chat, but it gives the participants something to focus on and get back to when the conversation lags.

SirXaris

Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:09 pm  

I didn't even know you had active chats. I logged on a couple of times and didn't see much activity (didn't know there was a scheduled chat day). I would suggest when someone logs in to give them a shout out and make them feel welcome, if you happen to be on chat.

All of the ideas you posted sound good. If I may add Greyhawk related modules to the list of weekly topics.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:02 am  

I would not move the night of the chat. My current chat-based game meets on Sunday and it has caused issues with my players changing schedules - I am down to three players, these days.

When I start my next online campaign, I am tempted to try it on a Wednesday night.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:41 pm  

electryc wrote:
    I would suggest when someone logs in to give them a shout out and make them feel welcome, if you happen to be on chat.

I'm not active in Thursday chats now, but I remember that pretty much always happened when a new person would show up.
    That's one thing I'll say about the chat crowd: Always glad to see a new name show up in chat, and always itching for a good GH topic to get into.
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:00 pm  

I know I don't often make it to the chat, but there's no option for "keep it on Thursday"? Seems like a push-poll...
    GreySage

Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:07 pm  

GreyhawkGrognard wrote:
    I know I don't often make it to the chat, but there's no option for "keep it on Thursday"? Seems like a push-poll...

Yes, Thursday nights are best for me. I've ordered my weekly schedule around the Thursday night Greytalk chats. Changing the night would put my entire week out of wack! Razz

SirXaris

Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:54 pm  

I did not put an option to keep it on Thursday night, because I'm looking for new ideas. Trying to clarify whats missing as opposed to what remains the same. So keeping it Thursday seems to be where it will remain based on the poll right now.

Keep the comments coming forth.

Later

Argon
    Forum Moderator

Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:48 pm  

I'll volunteer a topic to start off this Thursday's chat. In another thread. rolleyes
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: