JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - To Catch A Gnome - WIP
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Campaign Journals & General Online Play
    To Catch A Gnome - WIP
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:26 am  
    To Catch A Gnome - WIP

The following are works in progress. They are for a one shot game I'm going to run. I'll eventually post the session journal here for you to chuckle at while perusing. I just wanted to give some of you a behind the scenes look and some inside jokes/hidden eggs. My players aren't WoG fans (before their time) so to speak, but I'll work on changing that. Hope you enjoy.

The Lordship of the Isles is the last place you'd expect ebony skinned Drow, but they cast their webs (nets?) far and wide. Plus it might explain why elven crewed Lendore Island ships sunk two of the Lordship of the Isles vessels....As per the Greyhawk Gazeteer. Wink

Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:35 am  

I've been lured in for a closer look. Will I be caught in Lolth's web? Smile

SirXaris

Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:54 am  

This is the last board the party will come to adventure on (hopefully). The arch villain, Blisters the gnome, set up his magical tower in an enchanted forest of giant mushrooms. After some failed magical experimentation, he tried to make his iron fortress look like the mushrooms. Since there were two major varieties of mushrooms, the tower kinda took on the aspects of both giant mushroom types, the fey magic of the enchanted forest and some more non-publicized personal problems of the gnomish wizard blisters, much to his chagrin. Embarassed Shocked We can see some of his elf mercenaries on patrol. I wanted to add more 'shrooms, but too much makes the table unplayable. Of course, there's more internal room than external regarding the magical tower. Almost like a lost Tower of Celestial Knights....

Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:20 am  

Now what red blooded 'murican kid can't relate to jumping on the furniture and not touching the lave covered floor?! I have plenty of work to do on this board, but it too is coming together nicely. There will be an earth elemental with a riddle, some tempting treasure and the group will have to negotiate from getting to one sinking floor piece to the other. Armor checks anyone? Encumberance? Oh yeah, those two red-headed step children of the rules will make an appearance. The longer the pc's pussyfoot around, the faster the environment will take a toll on them. Hanging around lava is never a good idea....

Did some old school with this gate. I think I used some of Michael Moorcock's Elric novel covers for rune/sigil inspiration. Hope you folks enjoy the WIP!

Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:22 pm  

That looks awesome, Uptognomegood! Happy

However, I'm not certain that a rope and wood bridge could survive such an environment. Wink

SirXaris

Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:36 pm  

It's a MAGIC rope bridge!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:37 am  

ragnar wrote:
    It's a MAGIC rope bridge!

Ragnar would be correct, it is indeed a magic rope ridge SirXaris. Don't shatter my dreams maaaaaan! (<---said in my best Tommy Chong voice) Laughing

Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:22 am  

Finally got the floor done, now to do the walls. The walls will be much more stark. Repainting the golden web, net, I mean net! Repainting the "net" gold was actually fun. It was like tracing cartoons as a child. My oh my, I have a low entertainment threshold... Laughing

Thu May 01, 2014 11:47 am  

Here is some work I'm doing on the fire board. A few more stalactites, a few more floating pieces and it should be good to go. I hope the players find it enjoyable.

Tue May 06, 2014 12:46 pm  

This is the most simplistic board. Frozen waste, they have to cross the covenant bridge (both Judeo-Christian reference and Norse reference for the win) and endure a good old slug fest. Ironically, this is possibly the most dangerous board. I'm only showing you one side of the board now, I'm hoping all the Canonfire! folks will enjoy what I post afterwards Wink

Wed May 07, 2014 2:40 am  

And on the other side of the bridge, "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Acererak R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" Tomb of Horrors reference and Cthulhu for extra credit ;-)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: