Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Christopher Perkins hints to WORLD OF GREYHAWK 5TH EDITION?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Christopher Perkins hints to WORLD OF GREYHAWK 5TH EDITION?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:15 am  
    Christopher Perkins hints to WORLD OF GREYHAWK 5TH EDITION?

look at this tweet!
    https://twitter.com/ChrisPerkinsDnD/status/520385395323060224/photo/1
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:55 am  

Nice!

I'd just be happy with a list of dieties and their info. I want them all, not just the ones in the book.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:02 pm  

The canondire wiki has already a list of the deities :D but a good greyhawk hardback would be AWESOME. maybe not just 1, 2, the Campaign Setting itself (for DMs) and the Player's Guide
    Forum Moderator

Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:21 am  

Thanks for pointing this tweet out Omega. I wanted to comment on it at first when I first saw it but held back since there is other setting books in that pic.

The thing to get excited for is that Chris Perkins was a driving force during 4e Dragon/Dungeon for converting Greyhawk material and even created more than a few original GH modules. There is no reason to expect he'd stop for this edition.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:43 pm  

I hope that Dragon & Dungeon magazines (when, and if they will be back) will feature adventures and articles set in the WoG.
    The Players' Handbook and the Monster Manual have lot of Greyhawk references, so I will not give up hope for new books!
    I bet if they kickstarted a GH book, they will reach the goil in a day or 2!
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:44 am  

I don't think we'll see even a division of $4 billion US+ a year Hasbro do a kickstarter, except as an advertising stunt.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:57 pm  

Came here because of these news.

Personally, I also don' think this is happening because of a relaunch of the setting, but perhaps because of the wonky Tharizdun/Elder Elemental Eye crossover WotC is doing next year.

Now, if I turn out to be wrong, I would not be sad, either.

Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:46 am  

Where did they say anything about Tharzidun? I've been trying to find out what upcoming projects wotc had in mind, but all I can find is articles about the dmg. :(
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:18 pm  

The upcoming adventure by Sasquatch Studios looks like bastardized ToEE. This is what I was referring to:

http://community.wizards.com/forum/product-and-general-dd-discussions/threads/4129566

Given Wizbro's new policy to have adventures published by subcontractors, but sort-of being involved in the design process, I don't give the recent tweet much importance. With FR and Greyhawk being so similar on the surface, it would appear flat out crazy for Wizbro to release a Greyhawk supplement any time soon.

Now, crazier things have happened, but I won't hold my breath. Still more than enough 2e modules for me to collect from ebay. Smile Happy
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: